Anybody Here Read The Gargoyle?---For Peple Who Have Read It Only

I recently Read and Liked it-----although I realize many of the Ideas and Plot Devices used in the Novel directly contradict Christian and Catolic teaching.

Anybody here read It and Agree or Disagree with me?:)

I read a novel, The Gargoyle, by Andrew Davidson in early 2009. It must have been published in 2008, because I read a review of the book in the Tacoma News Tribune in 2008.

Is this the book you are talking about?

I found it to be a very well written book, and I really enjoyed reading it. I will pick it up again and do a quick re-read, if this is the book you would like to discuss.

Yeah, that is the Book I was talking About.
Forgot to mention the author. My Bad. :slight_smile:

I really enjoyed how the author was able to Mix Historical Speculation and Religious Theology in an Enjoyable and Provocative Manner. The Inclusion of Meister Eckhart’s and Mechthild Of Magdeburg’s Theology into the Story was a Nice Touch and Awesome.

I did not Really care for the “Reincarnation” Side of the Story, seeing as it Goes against Christian and Church Teaching and Thinking. Nevertheless, I was able to go past it and enjoy other qualities of the Book.

I love the Book, ultimately. I’m Haunted by Marianne Engel. I wish sincerely that the Book be made into a Movie. And I know ultimately it will. Hope ALL Four Stories-Fairy Tales are included, though. The Story would not Really Hang Together without them.
It would really be Great as an HBO Miniseries. :thumbsup:

Question: Do you think She was who She Said She was? I did. :slight_smile:

[quote="OrdinaryMelkite, post:3, topic:228436"]
Yeah, that is the Book I was talking About.
Forgot to mention the author. My Bad. :)

I really enjoyed how the author was able to Mix Historical Speculation and Religious Theology in an Enjoyable and Provocative Manner. The Inclusion of Meister Eckhart's and Mechthild Of Magdeburg's Theology into the Story was a Nice Touch and Awesome.

I did not Really care for the "Reincarnation" Side of the Story, seeing as it Goes against Christian and Church Teaching and Thinking. Nevertheless, I was able to go past it and enjoy other qualities of the Book.

I love the Book, ultimately. I'm Haunted by Marianne Engel. I wish sincerely that the Book be made into a Movie. And I know ultimately it will. Hope ALL Four Stories-Fairy Tales are included, though. The Story would not Really Hang Together without them.
It would really be Great as an HBO Miniseries. :thumbsup:

Question: Do you think She was who She Said She was? I did. :)

[/quote]

Ah...that is the question, isn't it?

Like I said, let me check it out from the library and do a quick re-read, as it has been over a year. I was very interested in the time travel aspect of it.

I'm not so certain I would like to see it as a movie. Sometimes there are books that I have read and really loved; books where I feel I know the characters and what they look like. Then a movie is made, and no matter how good a production it is, I am disappointed because the characters do not look like who I imagined.

There is a book I read recently whose main character reminds me so much of a close friend, that it is he that I see as the character. They are planning a movie, and I cannot imagine them finding a star who would look like my friend. It would be a disappointment to me to see some current actor playing him (the character is supposed to be middle-aged, anyway), and cannot think of any actor closer to his age who could play the part.

Talk later...

Yeah, talk to you later.:thumbsup:

I managed to pick up the book at the library on Thursday. Doing a quick re-read now. By starting from the beginning again, I am picking up some details I didn't the first time. Now I can see some hints at what was to come.

:thumbsup:

Still reading! Got a little detoured by events in my life, but didn't want you to think I'd forgotten you! I sure am picking up a lot of details that I hadn't noticed the first time around.

Peggy

[quote="Peggy_in_Burien, post:7, topic:228436"]
Still reading! Got a little detoured by events in my life, but didn't want you to think I'd forgotten you! I sure am picking up a lot of details that I hadn't noticed the first time around.

Peggy

[/quote]

Thanks for the update!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.