Anybody know a good Bible verse for theft victims?

:shrug: I had my apartment broken into today and approximately 6500 dollars worth of items were stolen. I feel so violated and I want to reach for the Bible for answers. Where is a good place to look. Thanks and God bless.

:frowning:

The Passion.

youtube.com/watch?v=sAomWDGOAL4

Matthew 27:35
35 The soldiers nailed Jesus to a cross and gambled to see who would get his clothes.

… I would still report it to the police though if you haven’t already doen so. :slight_smile:

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

So sorry to hear this. More than the material loss in such things is often the sense of violation. We lose a sense of security.

I hope that some of these will offer some comfort.
Mt 5:
38"You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39But I say to you, Do not resist one who is evil. But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also; 40and if any one would sue you and take your coat, let him have your cloak as well;41and if any one forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to him who begs from you, and do not refuse him who would borrow from you.

Mt 6:
19"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal, 20but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Mt 10:
16"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves…
28And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Let us pray for the grace to forgive those who have sinned against you.
I would even suggest that, if you are able, make them your private mass intention this week.
May God have mercy on them - and on you.

Peace be to you
James

:thumbsup:

John 16: “In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”

This isn’t a Bible verse, but it may help;

"God has created me to do Him some definite service. He has committed some work to me which He has not committed to another. I have my mission. I may never know it in this life, but I shall be told it in the next. I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons.

He has not created me for naught. I shall do good; I shall do His work.

I shall be an angel of peace, a preacher of truth in my own place,
while not intending it if I do but keep His commandments.

Therefore, I will trust Him, whatever I am, I can never be thrown away. If I am in sickness, my sickness may serve Him, in perplexity, my perplexity may serve Him. If I am in sorrow, my sorrow may serve Him. He does nothing in vain. He knows what He is about. He may take away my friends. He may throw me among strangers. He may make me feel desolate, make my spirits sink, hide my future from me. Still, He knows what He is about."

-Blessed John Henry Newman

I’m sorry. I have been robbed before too, so I know it is a shock.

Romans 12 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil; be concerned for what is noble in the sight of all. Isaiah 5917 He put on justice as his breastplate, salvation, as the helmet on his head; He clothed himself with garments of vengeance, wrapped himself in a mantle of zeal. 18 He repays his enemies their deserts, and requites his foes with wrath.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.