Anybody playing Minecraft?

Is anyone of CAF playing Minecraft? What's your opinion of it, and are you having fun playing it?

I think it would be cool to have a CAF server for Minecraft. wink wink nudge nudge to any admins reading

If you haven't heard of Minecraft, then check out Paul Soares's Minecraft Dad series as an introduction:

youtube.com/user/paulsoaresjr

Minecraft is awesome! I don't play as much as I like, but I enjoy it very much :)

I’m a minecrafter!!

I really love it, especially as they come out with more and more updates and fix the bugs. I love building all kinds of creative things!

oh, man. i really wanted to for a long time. but my computer is such garbage that it cant even handle the basic java of minecraft

So, do you all like playing single or multi-player?

I’ve been playing single player, but wouldn’t mind trying multi-player.

What have you been building?

My two sons, age 22 and 12, play all the time! They enjoy playing together on their own server. It's an "old school" pretty basic game but they love it!

Enjoy!

[quote="newdenise2002, post:6, topic:231165"]
It's an "old school" pretty basic game but they love it!

[/quote]

I think that's what I like most about it. I like the creative aspect mostly. I stopped liking computer games, because they seem to be repetitions on the same concepts over and over. Minecraft has pretty much gained my interest again.

[quote="Sonic, post:5, topic:231165"]
So, do you all like playing single or multi-player?

I've been playing single player, but wouldn't mind trying multi-player.

What have you been building?

[/quote]

I was on a multiplayer server but I got really sick of griefers so I went to a single player mode.

I am building a house, an underwater biodome (although right now it is in the blueprint stage since building a dome from the top down is just WAY too time-consuming and I think a square building would be better) and I really want to build a kind of sky-scraper type room at the top of the map with a bed in it. It's nice to sleep with a view! I really love that they have beds now. I hate having to minimize the screen and wait 12 minutes for daylight again. I'd rather sleep through the night at let the monsters whine about it outside.

I play this game although I was charged TWICE for the one product and they have not fixed this. :mad:

Anyway, I find the singleplayer very boring but the browser multiplayer is great fun. I'm not bothered by griefers because I usually never return to my creations after logging off.

[quote="Loml, post:9, topic:231165"]
I play this game although I was charged TWICE for the one product and they have not fixed this. :mad:

Anyway, I find the singleplayer very boring but the browser multiplayer is great fun. I'm not bothered by griefers because I usually never return to my creations after logging off.

[/quote]

Thats good. The problem I have is that it takes severa sessions to build any of my creations. I come back to a house filled with water, holes in random places that I fall into, and blocks of obsidian in front of the door so I can't get out. bleh.

I just bought a copy for my son's, and he really loves it. I do not know anything about the game except that you can create your character building a .png file.:o

[quote="Loml, post:9, topic:231165"]

[/quote]

I hope you get the billing situation solved. I like your idea of not worrying about what you've built while playing multi-player. I'll have to keep that in mind.

[quote="Whitacre_Girl, post:10, topic:231165"]
Thats good. The problem I have is that it takes severa sessions to build any of my creations. I come back to a house filled with water, holes in random places that I fall into, and blocks of obsidian in front of the door so I can't get out. bleh.

[/quote]

Is it because of a glitch? I know my Mac kept powering down while I was playing in Alpha. I would start up again and find those type of glitches.

I think I may wait for the completed version of Minecraft to come out before playing again. Glitches can be frustrating when your building a major project. My last project was a pirate base in mountain near my house. I plan to create a canal next.

I hope we will eventually be able to craft metal boats in Minecraft. The wooden boats are not very durable. I'd also like to be able to craft a rifle. That would fix those creepers good. Notch would probably have to create lead blocks for the ammo, though.

[quote="Sonic, post:12, topic:231165"]
I hope you get the billing situation solved. I like your idea of not worrying about what you've built while playing multi-player. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Is it because of a glitch? I know my Mac kept powering down while I was playing in Alpha. I would start up again and find those type of glitches.

I think I may wait for the completed version of Minecraft to come out before playing again. Glitches can be frustrating when your building a major project. My last project was a pirate base in mountain near my house. I plan to create a canal next.

I hope we will eventually be able to craft metal boats in Minecraft. The wooden boats are not very durable. I'd also like to be able to craft a rifle. That would fix those creepers good. Notch would probably have to create lead blocks for the ammo, though.

[/quote]

haha, no, not a glitch. My friend would gladly claim them as his doing. lol

Sorry to revive this thread but does anyone know if the minecraftforfree.com website is legitimate?

[quote="FAH, post:14, topic:231165"]
Sorry to revive this thread but does anyone know if the minecraftforfree.com website is legitimate?

[/quote]

I don't know if it is or not. You have to be careful online. A friend gave me a copy of minecraft for my birthday, and it turned out to be the cracked version. Let me tell you something, I was very disappointed about that.

I encourage you to go to the developers website and purchase the actual game from them. The game isn't that expensive, and you'll know it's the real thing.

Here is the website: minecraft.net

[quote="FAH, post:14, topic:231165"]

[/quote]

It's not legitimate, I recall Notch even saying so.

I have bought the game already (I think it's really good) but I'm not sure if I should be playing it on this cracked version. Is the cracked version stolen?

My son (13) has been playing it since it came out. When he isn't playing it he's normally looking for videos of other folks playing it on youtube. He does both the multi-player and single player and I've let him set up one of our computers as a server. He downloads mods all the time and has learned a lot about computers. We bought winrar to support him doing the mods and it's been well worth the money for the enjoyment he's gotten out of it. I would advocate going to the developers site and seeing if you can contact them about how to determine if your copy is legitimate if you have doubts.

[quote="FAH, post:17, topic:231165"]
I have bought the game already (I think it's really good) but I'm not sure if I should be playing it on this cracked version. Is the cracked version stolen?

[/quote]

The cracked version is not stolen. It's basically a separate program that mimics the program that launches and updates Minecraft. It does so without having to be logged in or have an account.

It's not ethical to use it, but I've heard more people say they've bought Minecraft from Mojang because they played the cracked version first. I think people appreciate a good product when they see one, and they are perfectly willing to support the developer. I think gamers understand this better then anyone else.

I'm waiting to see the final product. I'd like to pitch an idea to Notch for another use for the Minecraft platform.

I am working on setting up a Catholic Minecraft server right now as my own way to spread the word and love of Christ. if any one is intrested in helping me getting it up and running please let me know. (ps you will need to down load Log Me In Hamachi [the free version] to play as of right now) Hope to see some of you soon

Mike

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.