Anyone else discerning?

Hello,
Anyone else discerning to be a Carmelite nun? If so, do you have any convents you would suggest? I'm thinking of the Santa Fe Carmel but I just want to know what else is out there.
God bless
Piparadiso

I’m kind of thinking of the Carmelite order now too. If you’re thinking of Sante Fe, then any monasteries/convents I can think of are probably too far from home. There is a vocations database that might be helpful. religiouslife.com/VocationHome.html (link to the site) It’s super awesome that you’re thinking about such a strict lifestyle! It would be so wonderful to get to know the Lord so well through contemplation and help the world through prayer!
You’re in my prayers! God bless-
Mary

[quote="MonjaFutura, post:2, topic:263709"]
I'm kind of thinking of the Carmelite order now too. If you're thinking of Sante Fe, then any monasteries/convents I can think of are probably too far from home. There is a vocations database that might be helpful. religiouslife.com/VocationHome.html (link to the site) It's super awesome that you're thinking about such a strict lifestyle! It would be so wonderful to get to know the Lord so well through contemplation and help the world through prayer!
You're in my prayers! God bless-
Mary

[/quote]

Thank you so much! well i actually live in north dakota and i dont think it matters if you are far from home just as long as you are in the right community for you. thanks for the link...i will definitely check that out. i will keep you also in my prayers!
God Bless :)

[quote="piparadiso, post:1, topic:263709"]
Hello,
Anyone else discerning to be a Carmelite nun? If so, do you have any convents you would suggest? I'm thinking of the Santa Fe Carmel but I just want to know what else is out there.
God bless
Piparadiso

[/quote]

Other websites you might (in addition to the others listed) try are:

religiousministries.com/*

vocationsplacement.org/

[the wonderful thing about these links is even if you don't use their resources to contact other communities ,the websites still have volumes of useful information as you start on your vocational journey]

also Sr Helen on the forum here I am sure would love to share with you about the various Carmelite communities in the states.. there differences, as well as the different websites that would link you to them.

Many blessings on your vocations search!

Sr Debbie, O.S.C.

I want to be a Dominican, but there is a Carmelite convent near by. It’s in Iron Mountain, Michigan.

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.