Anyone Have Access To A Candlelight Mass?

http://therecordarchlou.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/sanchez.jpg?w=560&h=312

Sunday at 10 pm here in town. Very nice, no distractions. :)

Article here
therecordarchlou.wordpress.com/2012/11/21/holy-name-candlelight-service-is-popular/

That's looks really beautiful! You Kentuckians are very lucky!!! :)

used to live there.

If only it were ad orientem and had chant... that would be my ideal Mass much of the time

We had a candlelit Mass once a month at the church I attended in college. Once, a candle fell over and lit the greenery on fire.

Cosign.

I wish, we don't in my area of Michigan. They did however, start Adoration in the church itself with candlelight and Latin on Thursdays.

Very nice.

No, unfortunately. Also no kneelers, no choir, no stained glass, no organ, no side altar/shrines, no bank of candles, no church hall, no classrooms. Sometimes it is good to learn that these pretty extras are not really necessary, as lovely as they are to enjoy when so blessed. It was a hard lesson having attended beautiful churches in the city before moving to this poor, rural region. I think it was a good lesson to learn for me as I so love beauty, and candlelight and good music and art. Perhaps I became too attached to the consolations (and distractions) of these beautiful things instead of really appreciating the miracle of the Eucharist.

[quote="superamazingman, post:4, topic:306221"]
If only it were ad orientem and had chant... that would be my ideal Mass much of the time

[/quote]

Fr chants during both processions. :)

[quote="sojo, post:8, topic:306221"]
No, unfortunately. Also no kneelers, no choir, no stained glass, no organ, no side altar/shrines, no bank of candles, no church hall, no classrooms. Sometimes it is good to learn that these pretty extras are not really necessary, as lovely as they are to enjoy when so blessed. It was a hard lesson having attended beautiful churches in the city before moving to this poor, rural region. I think it was a good lesson to learn for me as I so love beauty, and candlelight and good music and art. Perhaps I became too attached to the consolations (and distractions) of these beautiful things instead of really appreciating the miracle of the Eucharist.

[/quote]

:thumbsup: Thank you for your inspiration a role-modelling!

Thank you for posting this. :)

We had one once in the church I grew up in....the power went out and we did the whole thing by candlelight! It was beautiful!

No but I’ve always wanted to go to one! What a peaceful wonderful way to finish the weekend and get ready for the week. There are no universities around here, and they seem to attract them because young adults tend to stay out and stay up later.

I love how they talk about it being less distracting, as far as looking at other people and things. It’s dark, so you can’t see as much.

[quote="sojo, post:8, topic:306221"]

[/quote]

You are so right!

We had nothing but candlelight Masses during the power failure after Hurricane Sandy!

[quote="HaroldA, post:15, topic:306221"]
We had nothing but candlelight Masses during the power failure after Hurricane Sandy!

[/quote]

Hopefully all is back in order for you now ?

I pray nothing like that ever happens again. Except the Masses ;)

pax

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.