Anyone interested in Prometheus?

Any Sci-Fi/Alien fans out there that will be seeing Prometheus?

Prometheus is about tracing Humanities roots (very debatable) and they stumble upon this unique ship.

youtube.com/watch?v=N0WUpsErUBA

God Bless,

Christopher.

Of cause,

And I actually know how this ties in with the original 1979 Alien having actually seen the real Synopis(it only made me more exited to see the film!) and every trailer so far.

It really IS the prequel(and not only that but it’s set pretty close to the first film, closer than anyone realises!)… and the final few minutes(the last 8 minutes) reveal how and why(and I already know!)!

Although of cause the technology has been “updated”.

I’m not telling other than to say that Sigorney Weaver’s Ripley doesn’t appear on screen at the end, so that’s not how it links up… that’s not to say sh… well nevermind!

The title of the film gives the only real hint, as it doesn’t just reference the ancient Greek Myth or the Ship’s name in the film. It also references another work called Prometheus!

I’m super excited. We never go to movies (money). But… my husband is actually going to take me to this! :slight_smile:

I can’t wait till it comes out. It’s going to be gooooooooooood! I’ve been watching the original Alien and the sequals to get ready for it. Can’t wait!

Same here. Almost never go to the theater, but will be waiting in line for this. Can’t wait!

Yes, I am really looking forward to this a lot. I really hope it lives up to expectations!

I thought Alien and Aliens were great films - top notch. However the 3rd and 4rth installments I thought very poor, as per the Aliens v Predator spin offs (cynical cash ins).

At the ripe old age of 34, it takes a lot to get me into the movie theatre these days*, but I think this film will have sufficient appeal.

(*Right enough, Kate Beckinsale in an Underworld movie always seems to do the trick, lol, as per the recent installment. Cant think why!).

When I was at high school, back in the day, an attraction called “Alien War” visited our area. It was interactive threatre, based on the Aliens universe. Essentially, someone dressed as a Colonial Marine leads a group of people through a big set - done up to look like a space-ship or moon base - and acts along to a plot line. The public can be involved by getting them to open doors / peek around corners etc.

Needless to say, the Aliens, (more actors in suits), make various terrifying appearances during the event, usually accompanied with strobe lighting and sound effects like the infamous motion sensors etc.

It was brilliant, terrifying, but brilliant!

It was revealling about human nature - even though we all knew it wasnt real, people were still screaming and pushing each other out of the way, knocking others over etc, in their haste to get away from the Aliens. Very much “Survival of the fittest” - so much for “women and children first” haha!

I’d have felt a lot better, if I had been holding one of those Marines Pulse Rifles.

:thumbsup:

I am super pumped. I have been watching the Alien series in anticipation.

Of** course**/cause you read the* real* synopsis. That is why you have revealed nothing that isn’t openly available on numerous sites all over the internet.:thumbsup:

I’m looking forward too it.

I am curious how many hate threads on the movie will show up just because a science fiction dared imply humanity came from a fictional group of aliens.

I’m not sure what to make of it. In one trailer, an appendage like a leaf shaped hand with ridges appears on a thin limb. Prequel? Not sure there either. Like humans, I am sure there is more than one “space jockey” in Ridley Scott’s universe. It looks kind of interesting.

Peace,
Ed

No, I HAVE.

If you want to know how this links to Alien you can message me and I’ll reveal what big twist I know that leads directly into Alien.

Prequel I can confirm yes, In what way? you’ll never guess it unless you’ve seen the Synopis, which opens the way for a Prometheus 2 AND ALSO links directly to Alien…

All I can say is that Alien was actually set in the Zeta 2 Recticuli Star System… :thumbsup:

I believe Ridley Scott has said it’s a precursor of sorts, but not a direct prequel to Alien; and I find that much preferable, as the Alien franchise has been done to death now.

Pretty excited though. :smiley:

Well it depends on how you see the climactic ending…

It’s going to be good…

It really does “leave the door open” for Prometheus 2, and then immediatly(and after it has done that!) proceeds to go ahead say “and for you Alien fans, this is the prequel you’ve been waiting to see!”…

It literally splits in two… well actually three ways(Plotwise), as the “other” thread is Self-Contained and gives the Audience, for once, a kind of “happy ending”!

If you’ve ever read the novel “Planet Of The Apes” by Pierre Boulle the “happy ending” is reminicent in a way of how that ends…(but not the film adaptation obviously as Twilight Zone’s Rod Serling rewrote the whole story for the original film)

Now I’ve said too much! I promise I won’t post in this thread anymore until June 7th comes around!

I thought the 3rd, despite all it’s short-comings due to Fox’s interference, was somewhat decent. The fourth was just awful though. AvP was originally a comic, to game, to movie. The Alien species was much better than the Predator. Movies based off of computer games are always rubbish. Silent Hill and Resident Evil especially.

Being 22, same here. The only decent movies ths year are Prometheus, Dark Knight and The Hobbit.

While the second film emphasises upon Ripley’s desire to save Newt. What I loved about the third is Ripley, being offered life, desires to sacrifice to the species could be ended. Until the fourth movie. Does one need to say that is even canonical?

Or the Smartgun.

Uriah_Betrayed: I doubt it, there’s quite a few Star Trek Catholics, and those weren’t religious friendly.

God Bless,

Christopher.

The much longer Director’s Cut is much better than the original version, although it still suffers from the dreaded “third film in a trilogy” curse… I still think Alien 3 has one of the most exciting and well directed opening sequences from the entire series(even if it doesn’t really make sense that they didn’t detect the queen’s egg on the ship before taking off). Would have been even cooler if you didn’t see the facehugger shot in my opinion, and the audience was left to wonder what caused the “emergency evacuation”…

While the second film emphasises upon Ripley’s desire to save Newt. What I loved about the third is Ripley, being offered life, desires to sacrifice to the species could be ended. Until the fourth movie. Does one need to say that is even canonical?

I enjoyed the Fourth film better than the 3rd, UNTIL that awful half-human thing showed up and yelled “mother”…

Ripley’s desire to save Newt, as shown in the “extended edition”(which is just as good as the Theatrical cut, not better or worse), is because she lost her own daughter, due to the time diffrence caused by the incident. She sees Newt as her adopted daughter.

Must see this movie. It makes up one leg of the quadrumvirate of awesome movies on my radar, along with Brave, The Dark Knight Rises, and The Hobbit.

The Director’s Cut had that ending without Elliot Goldenthal’s Adagio, which wasn’t as good as the theatrical. Nevertheless, the Director’s Cut added a alot of necessary information which Fox wanted out. I think the facehugger shot was okay, how the egg managed to get there is rather a mystery. The problem is, is it a mystery or just a plot hole? Alien 3 brought it into a grim reality, no happy endings so to speak during the world. It’s the sacrificial nature of 3 that made it great.

[quote=colliric]I enjoyed the Fourth film better than the 3rd, UNTIL that awful half-human thing showed up and yelled “mother”…

Ripley’s desire to save Newt, as shown in the “extended edition”(which is just as good as the Theatrical cut, not better or worse), is because she lost her own daughter, due to the time diffrence caused by the incident. She sees Newt as her adopted daughter.
[/quote]

The fourth one was bad due to the fact that it lacked Gigerian influence, which is over-emphasised in both one and three. That alien was atrocious, especially when it yelled mother. What was worse was crashing the ship into the Earth. To me at least, Resurrection was basically a way to extend the lifeline of a sequel that should have ended at three.

The trilogy made sense. One was Birth and Propagation, Two was Propagation and War, Three was Survival and Propagation finally with Death.

God Bless,

Christopher.

yes!!! :slight_smile:

What was worse was crashing the ship into the Earth

ummmm…

:wink:

The trilogy made sense. One was Birth and Propagation, Two was Propagation and War, Three was Survival and Propagation finally with Death.

Prometheus is going to be “Design and Conception”…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.