Anyone know how do I permanently delete my account and profile?

I have decided to leave CAF after 6/7 years on it as it has changed alot from when I first joined.
The forum has gotten to liberal and PC for my liking. So many have left also.

2 Likes

It’s gotten liberal and PC? I shudder to imagine what it must have been like when it was illiberal and politically incorrect!

5 Likes

An example right there. It was better a number of years back. Can I not have an opinion?

3 Likes

If it is about your Ireland thread, I just want to let you know, that I sympathize with you: I watch an Irish YouTuber regularly who first introduced me to the concerns you shared and I also worry about the state of Ireland even though I’m not of Irish descent.

3 Likes

@redbetta thank you! it means alot.

2 Likes

Just turn it off and don’t look back. Easy.

1 Like

Ever heard of Dave Cullen from the Computing Forever YouTube channel? He is an Irishman that does a great job covering social issues from Ireland, UK, and US and he does have a large American audience and introduces a lot of us to those issues you brought up.

1 Like

Just go like the rest of them and get a permaban. I’m thinking of getting one myself, tbh.

1 Like

From the ToS:

If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your catholic.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website.

As far as I am aware, you need a very, very good reason to have your account deleted by the mods. It’s worth PMing them.

It’s much easier to just sign out and not come back.

5 Likes

Yes I watch Dave, he is really informative and a great speaker. He is quite popular here among those that know what’s happening. Great to hear he has a bigger audience than I thought. :blush:

1 Like

The simple answer is that you can’t. You can simply leave and never return but there’s no way to delete your account and profile.

6 Likes

As an American, I appreciate that he has a lot of appreciation for the United States for things like our First and Second Amendments. It’s really refreshing to watch a non-American social commentator that does not routinely dump on America and the way we do things here. Also, he seems like a very genuine guy fighting the good fight.

Anyway, your input is valued on here. Don’t let a few bad threads discourage you. Just take a break and make use of the Ignore Feature on here. It really helps. Same thing for you Elias and Zach.

So just leave. Are you hoping to be disuaded?

5 Likes

Well I hope she is dissuaded. Echo chambers become boring after a few comments are shouted and there is no one else there but you to hear the dying reverberation and then the silence.

2 Likes

@Cecilia_Dympna why be nasty? I only asked as I am thinking on deleting my account.

There is no way for you to delete your account, not by yourself. I believe the mods will only do so for a very good reason.

1 Like

But there is always that temptation to come back and go through the rigmarole all over again. It would be easier to break a brick wall with my skull than it is dealing with some of the … elements of this site.

Also, getting a permaban is easier than you think.

1 Like

Sorry OP, but I don’t agree. On the contrary, I find these forums are mostly conservative. Sure, people disagree, but you’ll find that the majority of people here hold the same positions on traditional “liberal” views such as same-sex marriage or abortion.

Perhaps this is another issue? I find that there is a certain bent of people who seem to believe that someone else is a “liberal” or is “persecuting” them whenever that someone does not completely agree with everything they have to say. If you feel that way, perhaps consider what is it that makes you uncomfortable and prone to labelling others as liberal whenever your opinions are challenged. Introspection is a rewarding exercise.

God bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.