Anyone know who to talk to about inaccurate answer?

In Ask an Apologist, Fr. Serpa answers a question about Apostolic succession.

I feel that his answer is inaccurate and misleading. Does anyone know what recourse there is to properly handle this situation to get it rectified?

Give me the link and let me see where the error lies. I will then come back to you.

Are you referring to question asked by sammyserv?

Here is a link: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=62691

What exactly is of concern to you with this response?

[quote=Eden]Are you referring to question asked by sammyserv?

Here is a link: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=62691

What exactly is of concern to you with this response?
[/quote]

Apostolic succession is not linked to communion with the See of Peter. Apostolic succession is the succession passed down from bishop to bishop that can be traces back to the 12 apostles. What Fr. Serpa is doing is blurring the line between the Petrine succession and Apostolic successsion and it is misleading.

All of the Apostles went out into the world and consecrated Bishops, some bishops trace their lineage to some to Thomas, Some to Peter, some to the others. If Apostolic succession required the ability to trace the lineage to only Peter, the Church would have died out from the start.

There are 2 successions found in the Roman Catholic Church (forgive me for using this term). There is Apostolic Succession and the Petrine Succession. BUT There is only 1 sucession that is needed for the Church to continue to exist and that is the Apostolic Sucession.

[quote=gelsbern]In Ask an Apologist, Fr. Serpa answers a question about Apostolic succession.

I feel that his answer is inaccurate and misleading. Does anyone know what recourse there is to properly handle this situation to get it rectified?
[/quote]

Gelsbern,

If you have a concern with respect to Father Serpa’s answer, I would suggest that you address your concern directly to him in pm; alternatively, you can address a follow-up post to him in the Ask An Apologist forum, asking further clarification and/or stating your concerns.

Joe Monahan

Gelsbern’s question has been answered. This thread is now closed. Thank you to all who participated.

Joe Monahan

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.