Anyone Listen to Michael Savage?

I do quite a bit, he certainly is “unique”

:smiley:

hi, i listen to him from time to time. sometimes he is too gruff for me.

i don’t agree with him 100% of the time.

You do know that he’s profoundly, deeply anti-Catholic, right?

He’s said the church is rotten from bottom to top, filled with greedy pigs who support illegal immigration so the priests would have new boys to rape.

I’m generally consevative, but hate to be associated with his level of rage and invective.

I cannot stand the man, he is one of my least favorite people on talk radio (and I like talk radio). I heard him ranting against the Church one night and absolutely refuse to listen to him.

Give me Rush Limbaugh or my favorite locals Barry Young and JD Hayworth.

Michael Savage is Michael Savage’s biggest fan. Michael Savage is pride runneth over.

yes, i think i have heard him ranting about the church also. sometimes he can be very graphic and crude in his remarks. that is when i shut him off.

i rarely listen to him. only if there is a breaking story and i am trying to see how differents radio hosts are covering it. lately, i haven’t agreed with him on much.

i don’t think he likes CAIR, which i agree with.

i like barry young also, just wish he was on 3 hours like he used to be and i listen to bruce jacobs occasionally our phoenix local radio hosts. haven’t been able to get into j.d.hayworth. rush is good and so is hannity.

i am glad talk radio came on the air, or i might not have changed my political party! LOL

I did for a little while. His ideas are overshadowed by his arrogance. His style is closer to Howard Stern than Rush Limbaugh.

good analogy. he definitely is arrogant. he sounds really unhappy with his life though.

i hear a lot of anger.

I dont agree with him alot of the time either, I listen for commentary and entertainment (more the latter)

He is a very angry man and yes very arrogant. His latest shows are mostly repeats and self promotion so I listen alot less these days.

I will look for the hosts mentioned here, cant listen to Rush because I am at work at that time.

tilly

I wish I could listen to bruce jacobs more, but he’s on so stinkin early in the morning!:stuck_out_tongue:

yes, i used to make it a point to wake up at 5 am every morning to listen to him, but i don’t anymore.

i have been listening to barry young since the early 90’s!!! can you believe it? he and i grew old together!! LOL

Absolutely never. He’s just a cranky person.

:smiley: My dad got me hooked on Barry Young, of course I’ve only been listening to him for about 3 years (but hey I’m only 20). He is without a doubt my favorite commentater on the air.

yes, he is so funny. have you ever seen him in person? he is short and has white hair. i liked his show better when he was on by himself and before he had the woman on the show with him (i can’t think what he calls her).

his show was much better, but he is older and i think he wants more money, so he is only on for 2 hours.

yes, and he is so knowledgable. every once in awhile i disagree with him, but most of the time, i don’t, he taught me a lot about politics. i didn’t pay a lot of attention before and he educated me. he is very smart.

i am glad your dad turned you on to him!! thank your dad for that!

For sure, and its important esp. now with the election coming up. And its always nice meeting a fellow KFYI listener.

yes, and it is funny that we met at CAF! LOL

i think there are several people from AZ who come here.

I actually used to listen to him until he made the stupidest comment in the world that those on welfare shouldn’t be allowed to vote because they just vote themselves a pay raise. Well that reasoning would prevent any elected official from voting as well because they do the same thing.

Anti-Catholic? You sure about that?

I happen to have a copy of The Savage Nation (his first book related to his radio program, I believe) right in front of me here, and let me point directly to a passage on page 79:

"I’m not Catholic, but I have many good Catholic friends, and I know that they’re very religious people. They’re very good fathers, they’re very good husbands, they’re very good people. Some of them are war heroes. These are wonderful men and women who care about God, country, faith, and family.

I have said on my show that the strength of the Catholic Church is being seen now, not its weakness. Because, however it came about, it is airing out this problem (from context clues, I assume the sex abuse scandal). I believe the church will expunge itself of these perverts, these deviants. The church and its fundamental message will come back stronger as a result."

Now this could have some ambiguities that I’m just not picking up on (I’m only in my first semester of college studying political science, mind you!), but Savage sounds like someone who wants to see the Catholic Church succeed as a conservative stronghold in this country. I personally like him… while he might come off as gruff sometimes (what good conservative doesn’t?), I think he has respect for the Church. Read his books… I think you might agree with me.

Yes, I’m certain. I was listening to his show when he said the Church wanted to bring in Mexicans because white people were too smart to believe in Church doctrine, and without the Mexicans, there would be no more boys to rape.

The ‘I have Catholic friends…’ line doesn’t carry much weight compared to that.

I just wanted to provide some documentation for my assertion above. My memory wasn’t entirely accurate-- if anything what he actually said was worse.

His defenders might excuse it because it was related to the subject of the Church’s support for ilegal immigrants. While I think some of the clergy has gone too far in this regard, you can judge for yourself whether Savage is justified:

"It is a pig story! It’s Animal Farm all over again. And also make no bones about it, it’s the greedy Catholic Church that was behind it because the people of America walked away from the molesters’ dens and they need to bring in people from the Third World who are still gullible enough to sit there and listen to the molesters…the Roman Catholic Church was behind this, the Roman Catholic Church started this a year ago. The Roman Catholic Church flooded the streets because they cannot get parishioners anymore amongst educated white people who have caught onto the racket and instead they need to import dummies to sit in the church pews. That’s the story and it is not difficult for you to understand—I’m telling you the truth. It’s all about greed. It’s greed at the top of the Catholic Church.
*Make no mistake about why this is happening. This has nothing to do with compassion for Mexican workers. This has nothing to do with fairness for Mexican workers—it has to do with the greed…. That’s all there is to it. And that includes the Catholic Church pigs. And if you don’t like it, don’t listen to the show—I really don’t care anymore. I’m not going to be duped by this sanctimonious garbage that all churches are good and that the institution itself is good. Bah humbug. The institution is rotten from the top to the bottom. *

Cut and pasted from Catholic League’s website. Great organization.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.