Anyone pray the "Mercy Stations"?

In addition to the Divine Mercy Chaplet Our Lord asked St. Faustina that if time permitted for her to also pray at the Hour of Mercy (3pm) the Stations of the Cross or “Mercy Stations” as they are also referred to. Does anyone else pray them as well?

They are very much like the Stations of the Cross and are prayed this way:

Before each station say: “Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

After meditating briefly on each station one says: “have mercy on us and on the whole world.”

And you continue in the same pattern of the “Eternal Father…” meditation on the Mercy station…and “have mercy on us…” Then you end by saying 3 times… “Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One…Have Mercy on us and on the whole”.

The 15 Mercy Stations are:

1. For the sake of His institution of the Eucharist as the memorial of His Passion…

2. For the sake of His agony in the Garden…

3. For the sake of His being scourged and crowned with thorns…

4. For the sake of His being condemned to death…

5. For the sake of His carrying the Cross…

6. For the sake of His falling under the weight of the Cross…

7. For the sake of His meeting His afflicted Mother…

8. For the sake of His accepting help in carrying the Cross…

9. For the sake of His receiving mercy from Veronica…

10. For the sake of His consoling the women…

11. For the sake of His being stripped…

12. For the sake of His being crucified…

13. For the sake of His death on the Cross…

14. For the sake of His being buried…

15. For the sake of His being raised from the dead…

God bless

I have just in the past few months (during lent) started saying the “Chaplet.” I did say the novena and went to Diving Mercy Sunday Liturgy in our Parish. (This coincidentally was after I had started saying the rosary*** daily*** as a lenten devotion) Didn’t much know about the Chaplet of Divine Mercy until it just fell into my hands! (The Blessed Mother has a way of “realing you in”:wink: ) Have read in her diary (St. Faustina) about Our Lord asking her to slip into the Chapel for just a bit to pray the Stations if time permitted, but I didn’t realize that this was the way to say them! Thank you so much for sharing!! Where did you find this? In her diary? Can’t say how AWESOMELY POWERFUL the Chaplet is!
Thanks again,:thumbsup:
Tee

It’s in (Diary,1572)

You’re welcome… most happy to share… :smiley:

I found this way of praying the “Mercy Stations” in a 88 page booklet published by the Association of Marian Helpers called “The Divine Mercy Message and Devotion”. I just received alittle over a week ago the Diary of Saint Faustina that I ordered so I am just at the beginnings of the book.

I myself just in the last 2 months have gotten more into saying the Divine Mercy Chaplet at 3pm (or as close to 3 as I can if things get too hectic). I did the novena as you have… but didn’t wasn’t able to get to mass on Divine Mercy Sunday. :frowning: That is life.

God bless

I had never heard of this devotion. Thank you for sharing it!

Maryam, your painting is so beautiful.

Maryam,

I will make a copy of the Mercy Stations. They are beautiful!! There are many graces given just for saying the chaplet. I am sure you are blessed abundantly whether or not you could make it on Sunday. (The Lord knows our life circumstances:yup: )

Mommyof4,

I can’t say enough about the Chaplet. It doesn’t take as long as the rosary does, but even after the first time I said it, (had to have my prayer card handy as didn’t know how to say it) I felt disapointed when I was through as I wanted to spend more time praying it and more time with the Lord. It is AWESOME! Full of many graces. An unbelievable gift from Our Lord!

Blessings, Tee

mommyof4 You’re very welcome. :smiley:

water Thanks! appreciate the compliment. :smiley:

**Teelynn **That’s great that you will make a copy of it. :smiley: I know the Lord understands but I don’t like to let Him down…

God bless all :love:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.