Anyone Read, "Jesus the Bridgroom" by Dr. Brant Pitre?

Anyone Read, “Jesus the Bridgroom” by Dr. Brant Pitre?

I’m probably going to buy it anyway but thought I’d reach out and see what people think. As good as “Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist”?

-Tim-

I’m blessed to have classes with Dr. Pitre, even though I own it I haven’t read it but I would strongly suggest anything by him. He has changed the way I read and pray with the scriptures I suspect his books can have similar impacts.

Note: I probably could have read it by now but I have no time for that during the school year lol.

It is very detailed, very similar to the Eucharist book. I wouldn’t say that I read it but I skimmed through all of three times bc it helped me for my bible study with my gf.

This book proves that Jesus married the church, which is visible and she’s the catholic church

I read the book and I found it tremendous. It opened a up a new depth to scripture for me. I have recommended to my wife but she has not developed enough excitement in the first few pages to read it.

I am just starting to learn more about my faith and I really enjoy Dr. Pitre’s connection to the OT in his explanations.

I also am fond of Fr. Robert Barron, Fr. Mike Schmitz and Fr. John Riccardo if that helps you about why the book interests me.

I have not read The Jewish Roots of the Eucharist yet, but that will be on my next order of books.

I should have started a poll.

Two people haven’t read it but think it is excellent.
One wife read a few pages and is dozing off
One read it and thinks it is great.

Works for me… Thanks! :smiley:

-Tim-

note I said I haven’t read but the book but I have classes with Dr. Pitre so if it is anything like his classes or his other books expect really good things :slight_smile:

I just finished reading the book and thought it was excellent. I haven’t yet read “Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist”. I will read it soon. My stack of physical books keeps getting bigger and my amazon wish list is extensive. His writing style is easy for me to read so I got through it quickly, which is very important to me as with work and family I have little time to read.

I have not read Jesus the Bridegroom yet. I have his lecture about it from Lighthouse media that I have yet to listen to also. As another commenter said it is in the stack. Just wanted to put in a recommendation for a few of Dr. Pitre’s dvd talks…The Last Supper and the Lost Tribes of Israel, The Road to Emmaus and The Faith of Abraham & the Spiritual Life. All excellent. My only complaint is that there is no study guide so you have to take notes. And you will want to take notes.

a shorter version is also available from Lighthouse Catholic Media in CD format…excellent speaker to listen to…

Excellent. Thank you for letting me know.

I had his talks from Jesus and the Jewish Roots on my iphone for a while, listened to them when I ran.

-Tim-

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.