AP: 1st Ebola patient diagnosed in the US has died

**1st Ebola patient diagnosed in the US has died **

hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_EBOLA_AMERICAN_PATIENTS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-10-08-11-21-36

DALLAS (AP) – The first Ebola patient diagnosed in the United States died Wednesday morning in a Dallas hospital, according to a hospital spokesman.

Thomas Eric Duncan was pronounced dead at 7:51 a.m. at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas, where he was admitted Sept. 28 and has been kept in isolation, according to spokesman Wendell Watson.

Duncan carried the deadly virus with him from his home in Liberia, though he showed no signs when he left for the United States. He arrived in Dallas Sept. 20 and fell sick a few days later. His condition was downgraded during the weekend from serious to critical.

I hope things don’t get out of control. People say oh it’s no big deal, but it has a 50-95% of mortality rate, that is really high.

Although it’s very complicated, in the end, he is a fellow human and he died of a terrible illness. I hope everyone will remember him with compassion. May he rest in peace. I pray that none of the hundreds he came in contact with over the last month will turn up positive.

May he rest in peace.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.