Apologist’s Catechism Cheat Sheet

I’m looking for input on a Apologist’s Catechism Cheat Sheet that I’m putting together to have aready reference for the most commonly asked questions we get. Any suggestions of subjects and sections would be helpful. Thanks

Apologist’s Catechism Cheat Sheet

Subject Section

Adam, as a Type of Jesus: 385 (fall); 538—540; 566
Agnosticism: 2127—2128
Animals in God’s Plan: 2416—2418
Baptism, Necessity Of: 1257–1261
Church, One Holy and Apostolic: 866-870
Creation, Purpose of: 294
Creation, Sustained by God: 301
Confession, History/Development: 1447
Conscience, Must be Informed: 1790—1794
Drug Abuse/Dealing: 2291
Eternal Destiny, When Determined: 1013; 1021; 1041
Evil, Why God Allows It: 2539
Ex Cathedra/Ordinary Teaching: 891—892
Fall of Man, Why God Didn’t Prevent: 412
Hell, Eternity of: 1035
Laws, Unjust: 1903; 2242
Liturgy, Words Not to be Tampered With: 1125
Marriage, as a Ministry: 1533
Mary, Devotion to: 970—971
Mary, Ever-Virgin: 499
Mary, without sin: 411
Mass as a Perpetuation of Calvary: 1184
“Outside the Church No Salvation”: 846
Parents as Primary Educators: 2221
People More Important than Things: 1912
Precepts of the Church: 2041
Reincarnation: 1013
Scripture, canon: 120; 138
Ten Commandments: page 551
War, Conditions for a Just War: 2309

campbellcounty.com/~ourlady/documents/Apologetics%20Concordance,%20Biblical%20Support%20For%20Catholic%20Doctrines.pdf

It’s not from the catechism, but is a great biblical reference. I keep one in my bible for when the JW’s stop by.

great stuff…thank you

The 2nd edition of the Catechism has a pretty good index. Check it out. I use it all the time!

[quote=Ruthie]The 2nd edition of the Catechism has a pretty good index. Check it out. I use it all the time!
[/quote]

Thanks. The Catechism does have a good index which I use all the time for study and reference, but for quick apologetics purposes, it’s still to big to wade through. Thus my attempt to put together a smaller, leaner “cheat sheet” that hits on the most common topics that come up in Apologetics conversations.

Didn’t Catholic Answers have one in a promotion for some apologetics materials they were selling? This was awhile back.

PF

Thank you Fidelis. I now have a copy of your cheat sheet in the back of my catechism. I’m sure it will prove usefull.

1345 in the CCC shows that the Mass was celebrated by early christians by quoting ST. Justin Martyr. This is helpful in dealing with people who think it was a later invention.

[quote=Lukelion]campbellcounty.com/~ourlady/documents/Apologetics%20Concordance,%20Biblical%20Support%20For%20Catholic%20Doctrines.pdf

It’s not from the catechism, but is a great biblical reference. I keep one in my bible for when the JW’s stop by.
[/quote]

Priceless.

[quote=Elliott]1345 in the CCC shows that the Mass was celebrated by early christians by quoting ST. Justin Martyr. This is helpful in dealing with people who think it was a later invention.
[/quote]

Great! Exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Great idea Fidelis!

How about “To Jesus through Mary” – 2764?

2764 Mary gave her consent in faith at the Annunciation and maintained it without hesitation at the foot of the Cross. Ever since, her motherhood has extended to the brothers and sisters of her Son "who still journey on earth surrounded by dangers and difficulties."28 Jesus, the only mediator, is the way of our prayer; Mary, his mother and ours, is wholly transparent to him: she “shows the way” (hodigitria), and is herself “the Sign” of the way, according to the traditional iconography of East and West.

Any good?

[quote=Verbum Caro]Great idea Fidelis!

How about “To Jesus through Mary” – 2764?
Any good?
[/quote]

Excellent. I can list the two suggestions as:

Mary, As Secondary Mediator 2764
Mass, Antiquity of 1345

Keep 'em coming…

108 Christian faith is not a “religion of the book.”

Thanks for the great cheat sheet. It is something that will come in handy for sure. I will make sure to pass it on.

[quote=Elliott]108 Christian faith is not a “religion of the book.”
[/quote]

Scripture, No Sola Scriptura 108

Here is a great link for the online Catechism.

scborromeo.org/ccc.htm

Peace

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.