Apologists needed at the local level! Mpls-St., Paul

I am posting this in this forum because the archdioces of Minneapolis-St. Paul is in serious need of local apologists to educate the rabid feminists runing rampant in our area.

In short summation, the Council of Cathoic Women, led by the feminazi-minded women of St. Catherine’s and St. Thomas Universities, and in under the heading of Commission of Women for the archdiocese, are instituting “listening sessions” which is ultimately seeking to get more women into percieved positions of power.

Funny thing is that the sessions are at largely either dissenting-leaning or completely off their rockers in the world of Catholicism. They want the opinions of women at St. Joan of Arc parish…and this parish has been the topic of several threads here. Annunciation, Pax Christi…all these are parishes of which I have personal experience/knowledge…and the are filled with women who are not understanding of their faith.

I am trying to encourage all the local men and women to attend the parishes listed on the website and provide some actual instruction. I have also blogged about this topic (shameless promotion), hoping to get your dander up and encourage you to go!

I can possibly go to 1 of them…the sessions are not at a time where I can reasonably attend. for the most part. Besides…I’m not sure I should really be one to speak. I tend to become overheated by this type of thing (as you’ll read in my blog), so is tehre someone maybe more even-keeled able to get involved?

Please check out first:

www.thecatholicspirit.com/archives.php?article=4347

or if that doesn’t work, go to www.thecatholicspirit.com and scroll down until you find the article titled “Beyond the bazaar: Commission hosts sessions for women to voice concerns”.

I used to want to write for this publication…I know now I could not stomach the rampant dissent.

And also check out my blog post for today and please add your opinions of that… I can still edit!

www.adorotedevote.blogspot.com

But let me make it clear I am really hoping that local apologists will go to some of the advertised sessions and let the real voice of Catholicism be heard!

Peace be with you!

Good luck! I wish I could be there to help. For anyone who does, though, be sure to use John Paul II’s and Christopher West’s works as references!

In Christ,
Rand

[quote=JCPhoenix]I am posting this in this forum because the archdioces of Minneapolis-St. Paul is in serious need of local apologists to educate the rabid feminists runing rampant in our area.

In short summation, the Council of Cathoic Women, led by the feminazi-minded women of St. Catherine’s and St. Thomas Universities, and in under the heading of Commission of Women for the archdiocese, are instituting “listening sessions” which is ultimately seeking to get more women into percieved positions of power.

Funny thing is that the sessions are at largely either dissenting-leaning or completely off their rockers in the world of Catholicism. They want the opinions of women at St. Joan of Arc parish…and this parish has been the topic of several threads here. Annunciation, Pax Christi…all these are parishes of which I have personal experience/knowledge…and the are filled with women who are not understanding of their faith.

I am trying to encourage all the local men and women to attend the parishes listed on the website and provide some actual instruction. I have also blogged about this topic (shameless promotion), hoping to get your dander up and encourage you to go!

I can possibly go to 1 of them…the sessions are not at a time where I can reasonably attend. for the most part. Besides…I’m not sure I should really be one to speak. I tend to become overheated by this type of thing (as you’ll read in my blog), so is tehre someone maybe more even-keeled able to get involved?

Please check out first:

www.thecatholicspirit.com/archives.php?article=4347

or if that doesn’t work, go to www.thecatholicspirit.com and scroll down until you find the article titled “Beyond the bazaar: Commission hosts sessions for women to voice concerns”.

I used to want to write for this publication…I know now I could not stomach the rampant dissent.

And also check out my blog post for today and please add your opinions of that… I can still edit!

www.adorotedevote.blogspot.com

But let me make it clear I am really hoping that local apologists will go to some of the advertised sessions and let the real voice of Catholicism be heard!
[/quote]

Have you tried your local Knights of Columbus councils?

A side note, I check your archdioces of Minneapolis-St. Paul website and was pleased to see no link for St Joan’s website under the find a parish section.

I will pray for your diocese and your apologetic efforts.

God Bless

Beebs
Warden of Woonsocket RI Council #113

JC
I am also from the St. Paul/Minneapolis Diocese. I also happened to work for The University of St. Thomas and then I went to work for The College of St Catherine. The stories I could tell you about St. Kates would make your hair curl. I would not go to any of these meetings, I checked out all your links. I am not sure how to respond to the feminist movement and the liberal church. But I know I do not like either one. Where are the men of God in todays church. I am currently praying about my response. An appropriate response. I am also looking for an orthodox parish, the one I am at now is not liberal but not orthodox either. I will pray for you as well, so you know exactly what God wants you to do. Also thank you for being a woman of conviction, it’s refreshing.
James

I see at least 4 parishes that I know are quite liberal. I am sure the others are as well. This can’t be good. I will have to try and attend the Blaine one next week. I’m just accross the river. Thanks for the heads up.

blessings

Has anyone tried talking to the Bishop?

[quote=Lazerlike42]Has anyone tried talking to the Bishop?
[/quote]

HAH!!! This is Archbishop Harry Flynn we’re talkin’ about here. A bishop who tolerates the kind of dissent going on at St. Joan of Arc’s and the activities of the Rainbow Sash crowd (he’s finally said that they shouldn’t receive communion while wearing their sashes, but only after the Vatican was direct) will be of no use whatsoever. Not to mention the deplorable Catholic Spirit newspaper that is published under his authority: it’s pluralism uber all, with the occasional Jeff Cavins piece thrown in just to keep the orthodox at bay. No, Archbishop Flynn is part of the problem, I’m sorry to say.

[quote=Sherlock]HAH!!! This is Archbishop Harry Flynn we’re talkin’ about here. A bishop who tolerates the kind of dissent going on at St. Joan of Arc’s and the activities of the Rainbow Sash crowd (he’s finally said that they shouldn’t receive communion while wearing their sashes, but only after the Vatican was direct) will be of no use whatsoever. Not to mention the deplorable Catholic Spirit newspaper that is published under his authority: it’s pluralism uber all, with the occasional Jeff Cavins piece thrown in just to keep the orthodox at bay. No, Archbishop Flynn is part of the problem, I’m sorry to say.
[/quote]

Well, I assumed that that may be the problem. I’m know next to nothing about this sort of situation but I’d recommend bombarding the next authority up in whatever way is possible. Maybe this means gathering all the faithful Catholics in the area and contacting that authority as a group. If a few hundred or thousand folks all voice the same concern it might have some effect. I know Jimmy Akin has spoken about this sort of idea before.

The problem is that dissent is spreading because of some ultra liberals who are clearly outside the Church’s teaching. I would venture to say in all fairness to the Archbishop that many of the dioceses across the US (if not all) are to some degree or another having to deal with extremists with agendas. I don’t think one diocese has been spared the scurge of relavatism. My hope and pray is that the Succesors to the Apostles here in the US will quickly put an end to the politically correctness that is killing souls. I went to a parish for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception last year and had to look twice because I thought I was attending a protestant service. I can not honestly even say if it was a legitimate Mass- will not go there again. Nope! The dissent to the extreme right is also bad but the vast number of souls that are being lost are coming from the liberal extremists. Don’t even get me started on some of the instructors at St. Kates I just had my own encounter with that which is chilling. Not really public forum stuff.
I think we have to pray for our Bishops and our priests and stomp out as many fires of dissent as we can.
I was a protestant once- I have all charity for them but I want the fullness of the faith not watered down liberal feel good junk. It quite honestly is a false spirituality and leads only one place.

Sorry, I’m not in your diocese. What we have done in mine is to get apologetics groups going in different parishes. We started as a small group in one parish and now are in several others. It takes some effort but there *is *a definate interest; Catholics want to know this stuff! You will be in our prayers at our next meeting.

Is there anywhere I can go that ranks the Bishops or the diocese in terms of if they are orthodox or whatever?

epr
How? I am new to this apologist stuff. I am reading up on it. I used to be a protestant preacher, so I am familiar with speaking in public and explaining the faith. But I have just come back to the Catholic Church a little over a year ago. I do not quite feel ready to lead such a group but I would be willing to start a group like this. How did yours get started? How do I start one? Any info would be helpful. Maybe we could get Karl Keating to write a short pamphlet on this. :thumbsup:

[quote=epr1993]Sorry, I’m not in your diocese. What we have done in mine is to get apologetics groups going in different parishes. We started as a small group in one parish and now are in several others. It takes some effort but there *is *a definate interest; Catholics want to know this stuff! You will be in our prayers at our next meeting.
[/quote]

I decided a few days ago to take these courses since they are pretty solid and not that expensive. I think that if others in the St. Paul Mpls Archdiocese wanted to take them also and then form a group there could be some help. The link to the courses is at mariancatechist.com/. I think it would be a good starting point for the people and then we could go from there? I actually think the laity in other dioceses would benifit from taking the courses also. (Sorry my spelling is poor today). If that sounds like something that people in Minnesota would be interested in then send me a direct message and lets win back the the Bride of Christ one soul at a time from those with radical agendas.

A great book that helps you to understand what you are fighting against is Call to Action Call to Apostacy. I think CUF put it out.
st julie

Peter Kreeft has some online talks on women in the priesthood that I just started listening to. It may be good for someone going to this nonsense to listen to them to help prepare.

peterkreeft.com/audio/09_priestesses.htm

Oh man. He really hits the preistess stuff hard. Says the end result of feminization of the priesthood is the denial of God. Good stuff.

[quote=jako]JC
I am also from the St. Paul/Minneapolis Diocese. I also happened to work for The University of St. Thomas and then I went to work for The College of St Catherine. The stories I could tell you about St. Kates would make your hair curl. I would not go to any of these meetings, I checked out all your links. I am not sure how to respond to the feminist movement and the liberal church. But I know I do not like either one. Where are the men of God in todays church. I am currently praying about my response. An appropriate response. I am also looking for an orthodox parish, the one I am at now is not liberal but not orthodox either. I will pray for you as well, so you know exactly what God wants you to do. Also thank you for being a woman of conviction, it’s refreshing.
James
[/quote]

I am from across the St. Croix, but I have heard that St. Augustines and St. Agnes in the cities and St. Michaels in Stillwater are pretty down the line. You might find a home in one of them.

I’ve heard St. Agnes is orthodox, and it isn’t to far from my home. I have a transportation problem on Sundays so I have to walk to Church. I enjoy the solitude before and after Mass. Thanks for the reply, I will check out St. Agnes at some point.
James

[quote=rwoehmke]I am from across the St. Croix, but I have heard that St. Augustines and St. Agnes in the cities and St. Michaels in Stillwater are pretty down the line. You might find a home in one of them.
[/quote]

[quote=jako]epr
How? I am new to this apologist stuff. I am reading up on it. I used to be a protestant preacher, so I am familiar with speaking in public and explaining the faith. But I have just come back to the Catholic Church a little over a year ago. I do not quite feel ready to lead such a group but I would be willing to start a group like this. How did yours get started? How do I start one? Any info would be helpful. Maybe we could get Karl Keating to write a short pamphlet on this. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

The thing to do is start meeting. Ask your friends at your parish, talk to your pastor, etc. There are lots of good apologetics papers out there, and even courses as another poster mentioned; I’ll have to check that out later on today…

You have a leg up on a lot of us with your background. Don’t feel overwhelmed because Catholic apologetics is really just an intense Bible study. I’m in awe of some of the people who post on this site but somehow our Lord is allowing me to do His work. If we can help you then let us know. Seriously.

Hey Karl, if there isn’t a pamphlet on this then how about one? lol

Hi, everyone, and thanks for all your responses!

I actually spoke with one of my parish priests today about this situation, and he empathasized. He is newly ordained and told me that St. Catherines does have hope…there are students there who have a weekly holy hour and he used to go to this.

For those of you not from the area, the femies are operating out of 2 colleges, for the most part: St. Thomas and St. Catherine’s in St. Paul. The Sisters of St. Joseph of Carandolet have completely left the Church, but they won’t announce it until they are officially removed and then likely they will be proud of it.

Unfortunately, most of the fiminist stuff has its germination in these petrie dishes called educational institutions (Sorry to the orthodox who attend…generally they are good colleges, but not in the studies revolving around religion and theology). This poision is being actively spread. The Women’s organizations in our archdiocese are being fed bs started by the heterodox demons and this is continuing to infiltrate.

That’s why I posted…so that they know we “neo-Cath’s” are ready and willing to defend, and we need to help them understand that their agenda is nothing but dust and to dust we will trample it with God’s will.

It’s also important for our voices to be heard so that those who just don’t know their faith understand that what is being taught by these nazis is NOT of God and we have, therfore, this great opportunity to shine wiht the light of Christ.

Father told me today that it’s of the utmost importance that we speak with charity and love if we go. And I agree…we’ll save more souls that way.

I don’t actually expect to change the minds of these dinosauers who will eventually die off…I care mostly about combating and serving as an antidote to the poison being spread.

NOW! As far as orthodox parishes, I will list the ones I know offhand:

• Epiphany, Coon Rapids
  • Holy Family, St. Louis Park
  • St. Agnes, St. Paul
  • St. Augustine, South St. Paul
    *the Cathedral, St. Paul
  • I hear a lot about St. Jerome on relevant radio, which makes me think that they may be fairly orthodox.

Dissenting:

• St. Joan of Arc, Minneapols
  • Pax Christi…Eden Prairie, I think
  • Annunciation…Minneapolis (went to a Good Friday service there and when I knelt to pray, holding my rosary, no one else knelt at all upon entering, no one genuflected, and people stared at me as though I was an exhibit in a menagerie–signs that you are either not in a Catholic church or those who go there do not know their faith))
  • St. Albert the Great…Minneapolis. Feminist Social Justice homilist, no kneeling during the consecration (some do, but the majority do not bother)

I don’t know all of them, so people please feel free to add to both lists. There are many many churches in the area.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.