Apology

I have been wound up over our alleged use of religious icons for meditational purposes as idolatory and I took the bate. As a result, I have been a bit assertive in some of my replies.

It is not my intention to upset our non-catholic breathren. Indeed, I used to worship in a methodist chapel [after attending mass].

I apologise if any non-catholic Christians have been offended by anything I have posted. That was not my intentions.

Hi,

Apology accepted.:smiley: :thumbsup: Although I wasnt totally offended except maybe being lumped together with all protestants. I dont consider myself one other then I have too because if Im not catholic I guess I have to be labeled a protestant, but really Im just a christian who follows Christ.

Sorry for the ramble:o

Hi AllForHim, :wave:
Do you follow this?

“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him” (John 6:53–56).

:slight_smile:

God bless you,
Jon

Hi Jon,
No not the way Catholics do. I believe Jesus is speaking spritiual and not literal. When we receive communion we are reminded what Jesus did for us on the cross and how important it is to remember. My minister tells us not to take communion if we are not right with God. In other words, if we have any unrepented sin. That part is similar to the CC. We confess as well just not to our minister. My minister reads the same Scripture as the priests do we just dont believe transubstantiation(SP?).
The more I think about it the more that would be a stumbling block for me to ever become catholic.

You know we just derailed the thread:eek: I hope noone else answers me because I dont want this to turn into another Eucharist thread. That was one of the topics here I swore I would not enter into again.:smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.