Apostasy, my sister and her born again BF

My sister has a born-again boyfriend and is strongly considering marriage.

She first met him at the University where she teaches. I didn’t mind it at first but then, we keep hearing odd pieces of news. Her BF’s mother boldly suggested that one of our family’s houses (we have two) should be relinquished by our family and given to her’s. Which is unfair since the house isn’t solely my sister’s, it’s occupied by myself, my brother and his family as well. (My parents hit the roof when they heard that.:mad:)

We also heard about some outrageous comments uttered by her BF. Such as his bold exclamation that she’s only interested in him because she’s approaching forty and she’s desperate to get hitched before she hits the magic number. (My other sister hit the roof when she heard that.:hypno:)

I was deeply saddened when she said she is giving up the Catholic Faith for born-again Christianity thanks to her new-found BF. Additionally, her BF’s mother is scolding her for not trying to convert US into born-again Christianity and thereby save us from hellfire. The sad thing is she wrote a term paper in her collegiate years on the veracity of the Catholic Faith so she should know better.

Additionally, we heard she argues a lot with her BF nowadays.

We’re afraid she’s rushing into this too fast and that she is indeed marrying him just for the sake of getting married. She only met him about 4 months ago. There are also indications she’s sleeping with him already.

My biggest concern is her Apostasy. There is a strong possibility there will be a lot of problems with her BF’s family if she goes through with this marriage. From what we’ve heard, they belong to the kind of sect that seems very fanatical and harbor self-righteous delusions. I’m sure most people here know the type.

Please pray for my sister and her conversion.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for your family…keep the faith…

Praying for your sister and her boyfriend.

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host
by the Power of God
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

I will remember your sister during Adoration tomorrow.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

praying…

Thank you for your prayers. I actually heard her say something about Holy Mass and being invited to “Sunday Worship” the other day in an agitated manner. Maybe she’s having second thoughts?:o

Perhaps something positive is happening…Once again thank you all.

praise God!

St. Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God thrust into hell satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

St. Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God thrust into hell satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.