Apostles went out in pairs, who went with Judas Iscariot?

Mark 6:7 Then he summoned the Twelve and began to send them out in pairs, giving them authority over unclean spirits.

I wondered how they paired up, maybe brothers together and wondered who went with Judas Iscariot and whether there was a sigh?

I know we cannot know but it would be interesting whether Jesus sent Peter out with Judas Iscariot?

What do you think?

Judas never went anywhere. He hung himself for having betrayed Christ. The 12 apostles chose another to replace him.

He is asking about the Apostles’ activity during Christ’s ministry.

Probably Judas not Iscariot.

In Matt. 10 : 2 The apostles are listed in pairs with Simon the Zealot & Judas Iscariot together. :shrug:

I bet Simon got an earful. Judas was probably already grumbling.

:thumbsup:

It may have been the other way around.

oca.org/saints/lives/2015/05/10/101337-apostle-simon-zealotes

Luke says there were teams of advance people who went to prepare “events” in towns in advance of Jesus coming around. These were quasi-disciples who later were “ordained” as full disciples after Jesus was crucified.

I doubt that Judas strayed very far from Jesus during his ministry.

It’s like the loyal company accountant who never takes a vacation- who later is found to have been embezzling money the whole time.

:hmmm:

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.