Apostolic appointments and succession

I can’t remember where in scripture i read about apointments made by the apostles of presbyters to lead churches. can anyone help me with scripture that points to apostolic appointments and succession?

thanks

scripturecatholic.com/apostolic_succession.html

The question is whether the status of being in the “inner group”, or what today we would probably call the “committee” was given only to the twelve, or if it was meant to continue. The Bible gives us an answer, because Mattias was chosen to replace Judas.

There seems to have been a very early tradition of keeping the number of bishops to twelve, which was soon abandoned in favour of the present system of one per city. There were also men appointed to assist the apostles with worldly tasks - deacons - and presbyters or priests, who seem to have been the same as our modern priests, though we cannot be sure of their exact duties.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.