Apostolic & Oral Traditions?

Can anyone give me some examples of each? Apostolic traditions?

Oral Traditions? I know what it means but I need some examples.

The Trinity comes from Tradition.

Our belief that there exists 3 persons in One being is not specifically found in Scripture but is found in Tradition.

The Incarnation comes from Tradition. The belief that Jesus CHrist is both fully Human and fully Divine is not specifically found in Scripture, but is found fully in Tradition.

The Theotokos, Mary as Mother of God is found in Tradition although there is evidence of it in Scripture.

Mary’s Dormition comes from Tradition.

Mary’s Immaculate Conception comes from Tradition although there is also Scriptural eviednce for it.

Mass on Sunday is an Apostolic Tradition eventhough the practice is recorded in Acts.

Christmas being on December 25 comes from Tradition.

Those are just a few off the top of my head.

[quote=CatMan]Can anyone give me some examples of each? Apostolic traditions?

Oral Traditions? I know what it means but I need some examples.
[/quote]

All Tradition (capital-T) is Apostolic (ie, is handed down from the Apostles during their lifetimes).

In some cases, the Tradition may be more fully understood today. For example, the Tradition of Papal Infallability was not dogmatically and formally defind until Vatican I (1869-70), but the notion that “Peter has the final say” was understood by the Apostles.

Well, actually the whole New Testament is the result of oral tradition if you research it it’s not like the apostles sat down on Easter Sunday and wrote it under the presence of Jesus or the Holy Spirit :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.