Apple Cofounder Steve Wozniak Says Most People Should Get Off Facebook Permanently

From Gizmodo . . . .

Apple Cofounder Steve Wozniak Says Most People Should Get Off Facebook Permanently

Matt Novak

Today 7:50am

Filed to:STEVE WOZNIAK

Screenshot: TMZ/YouTube

Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak deleted his personal Facebook account last year and is now telling everyone else they should do the same. Woz was stopped by TMZ at Reagan National Airport in D.C. recently and warned that the lack of privacy on the platform isn’t worth it for most people, adding a warning more generally, “who knows if my cellphone is listening right now?”

“There are many different kinds of people, and some the benefits of Facebook are worth the loss of privacy,” Wozniak told TMZ. “But to many like myself, my recommendation is—to most people—you should figure out a way to get off Facebook.” . . .

. . . Wozniak’s solution, which you can hear in the the entire TMZ video on YouTube, is one that has admittedly been floated before: Just let everyone pay for their privacy.

“People think they have a level of privacy they don’t. . . .

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.