Apple donates $100,000 to save gay marriage

nme.com/news/various-artists/40657

Apple donates $100,000 to save gay marriage

Steve Jobs and co. publicly oppose Proposition 8

Apple has made a donation of $100,000 to the ‘No on 8’ campaign which is fighting a constitutional amendment that could see gay marriage banned in California.

Same sex marriage was legalised in the state this year, but Proposition 8 could see the new law overturned.

In a statement on their website, Apple said:

Apple is publicly opposing Proposition 8 and making a donation of $100,000 to the No on 8 campaign. Apple was among the first California companies to offer equal rights and benefits to our employees’ same-sex partners, and we strongly believe that a person’s fundamental rights — including the right to marry — should not be affected by their sexual orientation. Apple views this as a civil rights issue, rather than just a political issue, and is therefore speaking out publicly against Proposition 8.”

Time for a boycott. Throw out those iPods, iMacs, iBooks and iPhones!!!

I thought that crApple products were for liberal, hippie, elitist-types anyways.

You can send them to me.

The only Appples I have are in my refrigerator.

The only thing I used in the past from Apple was Itunes on my PC. After this I may still use it, but only if something like Amazon or Zune doesn’t have what I’m looking for.

Oh this is bad. :bigyikes:

I use a Mac. I have some retirement money invested in Apple.

I feel sick. :takethat:

I have one little iPod but that’s because I have audio books that I downloaded from audible on it and my other MP3 player is NOT compatible with Audible.com, otherwise I’d ditch the iPod.

I have relatives that use Macs. I use a Windows PC – which is just as bad because Microsoft supports population control. But I can’t get a computer with Linux cause I need Windows to play certain PC games I have.

Time for another boycott.

Well, it’s hard to get away from companies who support evil in one form or another:

machinist.salon.com/blog/2008/10/31/california_props/

Not surprisingly, a couple of big Silicon Valley companies have come out against the measure [Prop 8], including Google and, most recently, Apple. But in a big print ad in the San Jose Mercury News today, a bunch of tech leaders are putting their name to opposing this proposition. There’s also a related Facebook group. (In related news, the Wall Street Journal reported that the No on Proposition 8 Web site was hit by a cyberattack yesterday.)

These include David Filo (founder of Yahoo), Chuck Geschke (founder of Adobe Systems), John Morgridge (former CEO of Cisco), Jack Dorsey (chairman of Twitter), Sheryl Sandberg (COO, Facebook), Michael Moritz (Sequoia Capital) and many others.

So if we boycotted the whole tech sector we’d have no way to gather here. I don’t have an iPod but I use iTunes to d/l CA Live and other podcasts.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.