Applying for parchment papal blessings

I just had the lady from my archdiocese e-mail me the information and it looks like there are 3 choices for parchments now. Depends on how big you want your picture of the Pope :slight_smile:

The person responsible for them in our diocese is on leave until Monday. :grimacing:

I’ve got ants in my pants right now as I really want to see if we are eligible for any! :ant::rofl:

Woah, this is great! Thank you for posting!

I want to get one if I become a religious sister… I will keep this in mind!

Last time I ordered a papal blessing certificate was a few months ago, for my son’s Confirmation. I downloaded the form from the same link you provided in your post. Filled it out and sent it about 3 months before the date of the occassion. I ordered several certificates in the past and I’d usually receive them via LBC within a few weeks. I then send them the donation electronically. For the last 5 years, they’ve only asked for US $30+ donation per certificate. There’s no way to indicate what style of certificate you want when you use the downloaded form though. But it never bothered me. The certificates are beautiful no matter which style they sent me!

Hope this helps!

1. Circumstances for which parchment papal blessings are granted

The Apostolic Blessing is granted for the following occasions:

1. Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation
2. Marriage
3. Priestly Ordination
4. Religious Profession
5. Secular Consecration
6. Ordinations of Permanent Deacons
7. Marriage Anniversaries (10, 25, 40, 50 , 60 years)
, Priestly Ordination, Religious Profession
8. Birthdays (18, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100)
9. Catholic individuals* or families*
(with name and surname of the spouses united in a religious marriage).

The asterisk (*) indicates the need for the nihil obstat or approval of ecclesiastical authority.

Requests for papal blessings for other occasions will not be accepted.

That is from the Vatican office. So, in other words, those not marked with an asterisk (*) do not need to go through your Diocese. You can order them directly, follow the instructions here, they include a downloadable request form:

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/institutions_connected/elem_apost/documents/rc_elemosineria_doc_20130218_benedizioni_en.html

Yep, I posted that link early on and read the PDF. :relaxed:

I just need clarification on whether I can apply for the blessings after the event has happened.

For instance, I didn’t know that these existed and thus never got one ready prior to my marriage. Can I now apply for one after x years but before a 10 year anniversary?

In my experience, it was okay to apply for one after the event, but it had to still be reasonably close to the event—so we’re talking a month or two, not several years.

You can always ask the person at the diocesan office that handles these things. The worst they can tell you is no.

Many years ago someone in Rome got that for my parents for their wedding. They were married for 34 years when my mother died. She has 12 children.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.