Appreciating the talent of Marg Helgenberger

Actress Marg Helgenberger recently left CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and was replaced by Elisabeth Shue. I don’t want to see the lady in an edited episode of CSI. (I prefer to see TV episodes uncut these days). Can someone recommend a movie or TV program where I can appreciate Marg’s acting abilities? I have seen Erin Brockovich, but I can’t say that I have any real recollection of seeing her in it. (After all, it was Julia Roberts’ movie, plus it’s been years since I last saw it.)

As I recall, she was the mother of the young girl with cancer – the one to whom Roberts returned once the court verdict came in…

She was in the TV series China Beach which aired in the late '80’s/early '90’s.
Maybe YouTube has episodes you can view there.

I really enjoyed her acting in China Beach - the TV series from the late 1980s. It’s available on DVD and probably netflix.

China Beach was terrible. I watched a number of episodes.

Peace,
Ed

I remember that series; found it very interesting, as it dealt with the Vietnam War era. Dana Delany starred and I do remember Marg Helgenberger. I was most disappointed when it went off the air, though it wasn’t on all that long.

Unless the music rights have been sorted out, I wouldn’t bother with searching for DVD’s. The integration of relevant music of the time period really enhanced the series. As I recall it was on for 4 seasons.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.