Approaching Catholic Women ONLINE

Hi

Yes, the title of this thread and my name suggest something is not quite right lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Basically, I have been a really passionate guy, but I felt that nobody knew what was going on in the world, so I was really being crazy with my passion, but not having a real direction to direct it at. I researched religions and I found that Catholicism is the truth, because there are so many miracles and the blood type of Jesus is AB and that is the same for only 3% of the population, so if it is on the turin shroud, a piece of cloth that wiped Jesus’ face and also in the Lanciano church, then that is 0.0027% chance of that happening. it is a 3% chance that the two materials were from Jesus and he was a normal guy, but the church faked the Lanciano blood in 700 AD. Why and how would they do all that stuff, but anyway… I am a believer through proof :smiley:

The problem is that I am soooo passionate about making a difference in the world, being a pure Catholic and I LOVE challenges that I don’t know how I am supposed to tackle these USA Catholics :slight_smile: I am British

I have never been in a relationship, because I didn’t see any point in having a pagan girlfriend when I was not practicing my faith, as I didn’t know what life was about.

I am trying to be a hardcore Catholic, but I must also be loving and not some crazy guy doing what is best for God on a mission :slight_smile: Am I too young to settle down? I am 22 years old.

I am an all-or-nothing person and haha :slight_smile: I just don’t know how to go about this. I am unsure how to be as a Catholic, too :o

I am very easy going and just want to help a sweet, Catholic woman :smiley:

Maybe one has to not mind me being crazy? Or?

Maybe I am too young, at the moment? :slight_smile:

I don’t want to waste my life, as i could become a priest if i don’t have kids.

I want to do God’s work by having many kids and be a great Catholic husband/ Dad. Has anybody got any advice?

I would be really glad if someone would go to the trouble of helping me out here and maybe someone has gone through this themself?

Dylan

How are you going to "help a sweet Catholic woman"?

Read up on Catholic principles, and find out how you can apply them to everyday life. I hear the Theology of the Body is a good read (plus the commentary by Christopher West). Try it out!

First and foremost, you say you are a passionate person... be passionately in love with God! :) And everything else should fall into place with more ease.

I don't think 22 is too young to "settle down" if you met the right woman... but between meeting the right woman online, meeting in person, beginning to date, so on and so forth.... you will probably be 23 or 24 before you get married. :)

A couple of things: don't "tackle these USA Catholics". We don't like being tackled. :p:p:D

Oh, and don't worry about wasting your life if you don't get married right away and have a ton of kids, I mean, you're 22 and gaaaaaaaaaaa you might scare a few off. :p Anyway, I'm sure you'll get great advice here, I just wanted to point out a couple of things. ;)

[quote="dakotagirl, post:5, topic:181610"]
A couple of things: don't "tackle these USA Catholics". We don't like being tackled. :p:p:D

[/quote]

Yeah, and American women have quite a mouth and they can shoot a rattle-snake's head from half a mile distance before they fully wake up!

[quote="Lainey63, post:2, topic:181610"]

[/quote]

This is besides the topic, but congratulations on your sharpness. :)

I agree that's an important point (talking to the OP now). Well, Dyl, it's all great helping people, but marriage is a communion of whole life, meaning you'll basically be doing things together anyway. Plus, you gotta be the head of the family, giving direction and, yes, support, but it will be on a deeper level. If by helping you mean helping her out, e.g. of singleness, then you must be careful about the saving factor, just as women must be careful about the rewarding factor. Again, saving women from predicaments is great, but if you're going for the communion (or community) of whole life, your motive had better be to have a community of whole life with that woman.

As for the age of marrying, legally (I mean canon law), anyone past puberty should be good enough mentally, and 22 or 23 is past that point. Some people incorrectly view marriage as a crowning achievement and a final point, whereas it is only a start and it's just where you leave from on your way to become a fully mature person and Christian. Growing up together is bound to happen and, well, starting at a young age does have advantages. As long as you have the right girl and the economic means to support a family, then that's great. But if you had to settle, that wouldn't be great. Not necessarily from the point of view of getting a "worse" girl (this shouldn't be looked upon this way), but from the point of view that you'll have that idea in your head that you've settled. So, I'd say, pick wisely and don't be unduly pushed by an imaginary biological clock, but don't stall needlessly, either.

[quote="dakotagirl, post:5, topic:181610"]

Oh, and don't worry about wasting your life if you don't get married right away and have a ton of kids, I mean, you're 22 and gaaaaaaaaaaa you might scare a few off. :p Anyway, I'm sure you'll get great advice here, I just wanted to point out a couple of things. ;)

[/quote]

Haha I tackle with haste, my dear.I shall not tackle when there is no bait :D

For sure, I have probably scared a few women off, but in my eyes they are just boring? Or can't take my passion? There is no point in me being calm and then letting my crazyness out after a while, is there? :eek:

I'm sure that a woman that really does love Jesus will see that I am a happy Catholic and bla. I have been with so many placcid women that maybe I should just wait and keep being crazy?

I think that I suit Americans more han the British, because I keep being told that I am 'different' and Americans are less reserved than us over here? I don't care and just speak my mind, as you might be able to notice from my posts :thumbsup:**

[quote="Lainey63, post:2, topic:181610"]

[/quote]

by making her feel happy, being financially secure and having kids with her, but that last one also comes under making her happy :)

also help her kids be good catholics :D

*I settled down at nearly 23, so it’s not out of the ordinary. I wish you God’s best in finding the love of your life, and that she is in God’s plan for you. :slight_smile: Always seek God’s will in all things, and everything will be as it should be. I believe in praying for your future spouse, and for God to help you ‘‘identify’’ that person, so you will know her when you meet her! :smiley:

God bless for a joyous and holy new year.*

I ''settled down'' at 21 with my fiance, but that was our journey. You cannot rush your path, or you will trip and fall. The saying 'All good things come to those who wait' is very pertinent to your dilemma. Take your time and your path will open before you. Push things too fast and you may make decisions you will later regret. You will know when things are right in your heart with the help and love of God.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.