Appropriateness

Our daughter’s brother-in-law is celebrating his 25th anniversary of Ordination!
Is it appropriate to give a gift?
If not, what is appropriate? :slight_smile:

[quote=leonardamecca]Our daughter’s brother-in-law is celebrating his 25th anniversary of Ordination!
[/quote]

Absolutely!

[quote=estesbob]Absolutely!
[/quote]

I agree! and very thoughtful I might add. What do you think you would give him? Just curious.

[quote=ridesawhitehors]I agree! and very thoughtful I might add. What do you think you would give him? Just curious.
[/quote]

Since i dont know the man i have no idea. If it were my Pastor I’d give him baseball tickets!

[quote=estesbob]Since i dont know the man i have no idea. If it were my Pasotr id give him baseball tickets!
[/quote]

Ask you daughter what her brother-in-law likes or if she has any ideas then go from there. :slight_smile:

[quote=leonardamecca]Our daughter’s brother-in-law is celebrating his 25th anniversary of Ordination!
[/quote]

Of course it is! I know that a gift of money is always appreciated.:slight_smile: I worked for the Church for many years and have attended many anniversaries of Ordination and always give money unless otherwise specified…

A gift is always welcome. And if one cannot decide what to give - cash is the way to go.
Our Pastor from our old parish celerated 40 years of Ordination last year and we were invited. Fr. Burns moved away as well. And he also married us. His parish office sent out invites to everyone on his Christmas mailing list and there was a short note in saying if the gift was cash it was being used towards new vestments. So that was really nice. And it was great seeing him after a couple years.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.