Approved Apparitions and Coming Chastisement

In Kibeho, Rwanda prior to the genocide, the Mother of the Word appeared. She said a “river of blood” would happen if people did not convert, repent,pray the Rosary, the Chaplet of Seven Sorrows, and stop committing various moral sins, such as the girls sleeping with certain men. Did a river of blood happen? This New York Times Article on the Rwandan genocide documents the apparitions of Mary prior to the genocide. query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9400E4D81738F93BA35757C0A96F958260

Then we look at Fatima, Portugal. See some of the messages from Mary (Our Lady of the Rosary) to the three little children: The war [World War I was still raging] is going to end. But if people do not stop offending God, another and worse one will begin in the reign of Pius XI… When you shall see a night illuminated by an unknown light [on January 25-26, 1938 from 9PM to 2AM there appeared over the Northern Hemisphere a very unusual light that scared many people. The New York Times devoted almost an entire page to the event. Scientists attributed it to an exceptional aurora borealis] “know that this is the great sign that God gives you that He is going to punish the world for its many crimes by means of war, hunger and persecution of the Church and the Holy Father” [Within two months of the sign, in March of 1938, Hitler invaded his first country, Austria.] http://www.loveandmercy.org/loveandmercy/fatima.htm

New York Times article: January 26, 1938
Aurura Borealis Startles Europe; People Flee in Fear, Call Firemen; Britons Thought Windsor Castle Ablaze–Scots See Ill Omen-Snow-Clad Swiss Alps Glow–Short-Wave Radio Halts The most brilliant display of an aurora borealis in fifty years held Britons spellbound over a wide area of this country tonight. From 6:30 to 8:30 P.M. the people of London watched two magnificent arcs rising in the east and west, from which radiated pulsating beams like searchlights in dark red, greenish blue and purple. [End of First Paragraph] Buy This Article, Single Article $3.95 select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F00817FB355A157A93C4AB178AD85F4C8385F9

Other articles
Los Angeles Times, Jan 26, 1938 Aurora Borealis Upsets Europeans pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/access/743927742.html?dids=743927742:743927742&FMT=CITE&FMTS=CITE:AI&date=Jan+26%2C+1938&author=&pub=Los+Angeles+Times&desc=Aurora+Borealis+Upsets+Europeans&pqatl=google

Chicago Daily Tribune, Jan 26, 1938Aurora Borealis Glows in Widest Area Since 1709Abstract (Document Summary) Radio and telegraphic communication was disrupted and persons in many parts of the world were awed tonight as the aurora borealis [northern lights] flamed brilliantly farther south than the phenomenon ever has been seen by this generation.
pqasb.pqarchiver.com/chicagotribune/access/441756312.html?dids=441756312:441756312&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:AI&date=Jan+26%2C+1938&author=&pub=Chicago+Daily+Tribune&desc=AURORA+BOREALIS+GLOWS+IN+WIDEST+AREA+SINCE+1709&pqatl=google
Why was the church punished?

Now, there are more apparitions. Someone just told me that the Virgin Mary is appearing all over the world and God the Father is about to send such a huge punishment that two thirds of humanity will disappear and the survivors will wish they had died also. I haven’t investigated it in the approved apparitions. Have you? campus.udayton.edu/mary//resources/aprtable.html

Let us compare slavery/colonialism/racism, genocide, abortion/euthanasia, and nuclear war in the level to which they value life. Slavery/colonialism/racism - treats another group of people like dogs, but still wants them alive to work.
Genocide - decides another group of people needs to be exterminated. Abortion/euthanasia - decides than one’s own self or one’s own children need to be exterminated.

A large crowd of people followed Jesus, including many women who mourned and lamented him. Jesus turned to them and said, "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep instead for yourselves and for your children, for indeed, the days are coming when people will say, ‘Blessed are the barren, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed.’ At that time people will say to the mountains, ‘Fall upon us!’ and to the hills, 'Cover us!'Luke 23:27-30 Maybe that refers to abortion.

Nuclear war - potential for exterminating the entire world - nature everything.

When I read St. Maria Faustina’s Diary, I was struck by the fact that she said that God held his hand back from punishing the world because of her prayer. I was also struck by the fact that she mentioned that one city would receive wrath of God for punishment of its sins, like the punishment of Sodom and Gomorrah. In the footnotes, it was suggested that this city was one of the cities bombed during the Holocaust. She died at age of 33 - just like Christ - on October 5, 1938. In March of 1938, Hitler invaded his first country in WWII. On January 1939, Hitler announced in a public speech, “If international-finance Jewry inside and outside Europe should succeed once more in plunging the nations into yet another world war, the consequences will not be the Bolshevization of the earth and thereby the victory of Jewry, but the annihilation of the Jewish race in Europe.” “Justice is mine,” says the Lord, I will repay."

39 +One day Jesus told me that He would cause a chastisement to fall upon the most beautiful city in our country [probably Warsaw]. This chastisement would be that with which God had punished Sodom and Gomorrah. I saw the great wrath of God and a shudder pierced my heart. I prayed in silence. After a moment, Jesus said to me, My child, unite yourself closely to Me during the Sacrifice and offer My Blood and My Wounds to My Father in expiation for the sins of that city. Repeat this without interruption throughout the entire Holy Mass. Do this for seven days. On the seventh day I saw Jesus in a bright cloud and began to beg Him to look upon the city and upon our whole country. Jesus looked [down] graciously. When I saw the kindness of Jesus, I began to beg His blessing. Immediately Jesus said, For your sake I bless the entire country. And He made a big sign of the cross over our country. Seeing the goodness of God, a great joy filled my soul.

Diary of St. Maria Faustina Divine Mercy in My Soul saint-faustina.com/Diary/DMIMS1.shtml

If we receive nuclear war on our country, it will be because of the 45 million people killed as a result of Roe v. Wade. As Mother Teresa said, :eek: "The fruit of abortion is nuclear war. :eek:

We must pray without ceasing for the intentions of Christ, Mary, and Joseph. We must sacrifice.

I think we should stop speculating on dooms day scenarios and focus on living the Gospel. While I do think that God the Father of Heaven is going to act, probably sooner then later, I don’t think that he is going to wipe us all out.

If he does wipe us out, well then I pray that I die in a state of grace. Nothing to worry about then.

Gloom, doom, and rumors of boom.

The gobbuluns are gonna git us!

The only thing that we as Catholics can do is prepare ourselves spiritually through the Church.

When and if a warning comes, we must be ready to help those who are ready to repent and accept Jesus. That’s our job. :thumbsup:

Dear buddy AveSantaMaria,

Many current apparitions have not yet been investigated by the Church, partly because they are still going on and the Church does not name a commission until the apparitions stop.
The most famous current apparition, still going on, is Medjugorje
MEDJUGORJE, in Bosnia.
Although two Bishops have condemn the apparitions, priests and people from all over the world flood the place.
I think the Virgin said that the chastisment will come when the apparitions end, pretty soon.
The Virgin gave the seers 10 secrets which are still unknown.
Anyway, if you start looking into current apparitions of the Virgin all over the world you will not be able to do anything else for years, but it’s worth it.
Apparently, what we must look out for is when the "Internal Judgement "comes and we shall see a glaring Cross in the sky.
It will be the sign that we have to repent from our sins as we realize them at the moment of the Internal Judgement (you will know your real sins within your soul, just like everybody else in the world at the same time).
Apparently, sinners and just people alike are going to die. It will be frightful…
This is said by approved apparitions too.
You see, the Virgin says that the Devil asked God permission to do what he liked on earth and the God gave the Devil the whole of the 20th Century.
This world we are in is the worst in history, from God’s point of view, the Virgin says.
It is written in Revelations too, that the Chastisement will come and that after that there will be 1000 years of spiritual life, not the materialistic one we know now.
We are the generation of the Apocalypse, the Virgin says.
Good luck to you buddy. At least you live in the USA.
Many seers have said that on top of the punishment by God there will be a terrible war in Europe between us and the Muslims.

I really don’t think that concerning ourselves with how and when God the Father will punish the world for what it is currently doing is really a good thing.

The best thing to do is keep looking the the Pope. If we are to do anything more he will tell us. Let him concern him self with what the Blessed Mother is saying, and let us do what we need to do right now.

What?
The Virgin Mary, the Mother of God and Mother of the Church is trying to speak to us and we should ignore Her and listen to the Pope first ?
Do you know it may take 50 years before the Church looks into current apparitions?
Too late, mate, too late

I hope that you are aware that private revelations are not part of the deposit of faith and therefore require no assent of the faithful. A faithful Catholic does not have to believe in any of the apparitions that Church has approved.

Private revelations (though apparitions) add nothing to the Gospel, everything we need is there. They can call us back to it but they add nothing.

Thank yuou.
I’m perfectly aware.
So, according to your judgement, excuse me for saying so, I don’t want to be rude, we don’t have to believe in the apparition of the Angel to Mary announcing her she was going to give birth to Jesus.
My dear friend, indeed we have all we need in the Bible?
Why do we need Tradition too, then ?
We indeed have all we need in the Bible in order to be saved. the problem is, my dear friend, the Virgin is coming to tell us we do not practice well enough and to beware of priests, who do not preach the real Gospel as they should.
Of course, from my experience I realize nothing I can say will convince you.
There are Christians who look for the TRUTH on a wide scope and there are people who decide to only trust their parish priest, which today is very dangerous.
In the Middle Ages, no sooner you spat on the floor any one priest would tell you you would go to Hell.
Today the pendulum has swang to the other extreme: priests are telling you God is Love and will forgive anything, which is wrong.
You know, last night at mass I went for confession because I had unwittingly told a lie. My priest told me I needed not confess the lie, which I was being narrowminded.
You do as you please. I prefer to listen to what the Virgin says.

That’s not what the poster said if you had read his comments carefully. We are talking about PRIVATE revelation. That means outside the Bible!!
No matter what your opinion is the Church specifically states that we do not have to believe or accept any private revelations even if they have been deemed worthy of belief by the Church.

As to one of your other comments God is love and he will forgive anything that is correct not wrong. The only unforgiveable sin is rejecting his mercy.

The end will come when it comes. And no one can change or stop that. We just have to be prepared. The end may well come in our lifetime. We may die today and that will be the end for us. We really have to make sure we are ready at all times by being in grace. When the cross appears in the sky there will be no time to repent. Jesus will return like a flash of lightning. If we are not ready we will be lost. I would not put too much stock in Medjugore. I don’t think our Lady speaks there. The seers have just about all left and not gone into religious life as is the custom and the jokes they tell the crowds are blasphemous and sacreligious and the crowd laughs!!! Not all are false though. We should just do what Jesus said, Keep watch and be prepared.

I do not disagree with the two previous posts.
I just think what the Virgin has come to say is too important to be ignored.
You know, some people are so desperate with Church hierarchy they are even, wrongfully, abandoning Sunday mass to go and listen to the Virgin where she appears.
You know, Catholic practice has become so poor (accomplice the poor teachings and sermons) that in Italy nobody knows any more what transubstantiation is and the most populer Catholic figure is Padre Pio, while Jesus comes only sixth.

Name a generation since the Adam and Eve, who have not lived through tough times. Were all these chastisements sent by God?

We are fallen people living in a fallen world. As a result, we will go through periods of suffering. It is during these times, that our faith will carry us through.

I don’t buy into the doomsday apparitions that pop up so frequently over the past 20 or 30 years.

God doesn’t have to send chastisements, the very fact that we live in a fallen state, guarantees that we’ll see and experience suffering.

Jim

There has never been a century as bad as the 20th century. Except this one? I think we would do well to worry about chastisements. The good book says - the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
I don’t believe the world has ever deserved punishment as much as it does now.
Prayer and sacrifices are still needed like our Lady asked at Fatima because God is now even more too much offended.

Our blessed mother is speaking to Holy Mother Church. If there is anything the Church Militant should do we will be instructed by Peter’s successor.

Let it be known that there are Marian apparitions that are the work of the enemy. Any apparitions that instructs against the teaching of the Universal Magisterium must be completely rejected. This is why we must look to the Holy See in order to see if such apparitions are worthy of belief.

I also say this because there is a lot more prudent use of our time then to research these apparitions by our selves. I would suggest that we leave this up to the ecclesiastical authorities and focus instead on living the Gospel.

I would however suggest praying the Chaplet of Divine mercy at 3:00PM on fridays.

I agree we should all be circumspect when considering private revelations. Mother Church is the best arbiter of discernment of apparitions worthy of acceptance as sent by God to imperfect and suffering mankind. We live in the most perilous time in history, and I for one feel blessed that I face persecution for my belief in Jesus Christ from a society that has lost its soul to satan.In Holy Scripture, Our Lady exhorts us to “do whatever He tells you”. In all of the Marian apparitions approved by the Church, she tells us to pray, fast and do penance. The Blessed Mother has been holding back the arm of justice with her prayers for centuries. She has appeared all over the world, calling us back to Our Lord. When the chastisement comes, and it will, remember the book of Job: “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in Him”. St. Faustina, pray for us here on earth that we may always trust in Jesus the way you did even in the midst of great sufferings.

My dearv friends,
Paul VI himself notoriously admitted that the Devil had got in to the Church.

Maybe approved apparitions are like the prophets, like the prophet Jonah, calling on the world to repent. Yet, the people might have only wanted to listen to the Ten Commandments. It is not an either or thing. If the apparitions do not contradict the Church, then what is the problem? :confused: :shrug:

I worry about not believing in apparitions because the Rwandan people did not believe in the apparitions. They perished in the Rwandan genocide, including some of the seers themselves. To the best of my imperfect knowledge, the Church did not approve the apparitions until after the Rwandan genocide.

In the long run, we will know the truth, but in the long run we will all be dead.

Benedict XVIII, maybe you might help me to understand where the 20th century was prophesied to be the most horrible. :confused: :shrug: I think that I read something along the lines of that the former Pope learned this and thus composed the St. Michael the Archangel prayer in response. Yet, isn’t the 20th century now over? How should we respond now that the 20th century is now over? :frowning:

Dear AveSantaMaria:
I had plenty of books both about not-yet-approved and approved apparitions, in French, which I got from only one source: a Swiss online bookshop (PARVIS). I came to know about it by chance while I was staying in the French monastery about 10 years ago, after having long desired to find such a source.
It is a reliable bookshop and I trust their good faith.
Unfortunately I lost all my books when I had to flee France.
I am not aware of any English-language source having the same books.
Parvis is a Catholic bookshop and as far as I am concerned they do not publish books about apparitions that do not look or sound genuine.

One good book was the story of Marie-Julie Jahenny (approved apparitions) which was a pious old French lady who gave plenty of details about the chastisement already in the XIXth. Century.
That is a good starting point.

Since you are in the USA, I think you can skip the details about WW III, but you should be interested in the “THREE DAYS OF FIRE FROM THE SKY”.
You should place a blessed crucifix on your front door to stop the demons entering your home.
During those three days all Hell will break lose. Demons will roam the street looking for people . You should not open your windows and certainly not go out. They will be furiuous because they know that after those three days they will be sent back to Hello, never to come out for 1000 years afterwards.
If possible, you should wear a blessed brown scapular.
These three days will be a Thursday, Friday and Saturday during winter.

My experience is you have to read several books on various apparitions regarding the subject to really get the idea, because each apparition has a little detail that other apparitions do not have.
Let me have a look thru the Net and see whether I can give you better details.
Love and hugs

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.