Apricot Chicken receipe?

Hello. I am looking for a receipe that calls for chicken, apricot jelly and Russian or Catalina dressing - I can’t remember. Someone gave me the receipe but I lost it. Can anyone help?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

allrecipes.com/Recipe/Apricot-Chicken-I/Detail.aspx

That sounds, and looks really good. I’ve heard of this before, but I couldn’t find Russian dressing at the grocery store. Is it hard to find?

I don’t know how hard it is to find locally, but it is very easy to make if you cannot find it. Just take 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/3 cup ketchup, 1/2 teaspoon celery seed, chopped yellow onion (as much or as little as you like), and either salt and pepper OR Worcestershire sauce to taste(not both, it would be too much salt).

To change things up a bit, this is from the Kraft site:

kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/recipedetail.htm?recipe_id=56455

kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/recipedetail.htm?recipe_id=89628

Thanks all! :thumbsup:

That second one, with the cranberry sauce and Catalina dressing (or any type of French dressing), is really good. I’ve made it lots of times (it’s one of our staples) with chicken breasts, thighs, whatever. I serve it with sticky, white rice and steamed broccoli. The sauce poured over the rice and broccoli is soooooo yummy. There’s more sauce when I use the fattier pieces of chicken than the white, but very good either way.

This recipe also freezes wonderfully. Throw the raw chicken pieces in a ziploc baggie and then add the dressing/soup/preserves mixture and freeze. Let it thaw overnight and cook as the directions suggest.

Kris

closed #9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.