April 16th -"Day Of Silence" in Schools

List of Schools......

dayofsilence.org/

foxnews.com/us/2010/04/12/gay-day-silence-waste-tax-dollars-say-critics/

GLSEN says students at more than 5,000 middle and high schools are expected to participate, and over 30,000 people have joined a Facebook event promoting the effort. Many sport T-shirts or hand out literature promoting alliances between gay and straight students....

"I think that we shouldn't be exploiting public education for this," said Laurie Higgins, director of school advocacy for the Illinois Family Institute. "There are better ways to use taxpayer money. We send our kids there to learn the subject matter, not ... to be unwillingly exposed to political protest during instructional time."

Each year, the Day of Silence seems to get bigger as more students participate.

Silence for a day from students sounds like a pretty good idea. Could it be extended to the rest of the school year?

FACEBOOK:

- 368 LINKS -

Tearful Barrymore Fights for Gay Rights
www.youtube.com
Drew Barrymore, Kathy Griffin, Perez Hilton and other celebrities join thousands of protestors on Santa Monica Boulevard to protest the California Supreme Court's decision to uphold Proposition 8. (May 27)

Day of Silence Resolution Introduced in Congress
www.glsen.org
NEW YORK – Reps. Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.), Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) and 33 cosponsors introduced a resolution in the House of Representatives on Wednesday (H.Con.Res. 92) to recognize and support GLSEN’s 13th annual National Day of Silence on April 17.

"Let Homosexuals Donate Blood" and more.....

facebook.com/posted.php?id=10621862898&start=0&hash=3ea17cf95f0baed68a40ffb5680df703

I just hope parents take their children out of school.

April 16th- Pres.Obama orders hospitals to grant gays visitation rights.

latimes.com/news/nation-and-world/la-na-gay-couples-hospitals16-2010apr16,0,7453911.story

Last year DOS was # 3 in tweets.

This year we want to be Number 1!
To do that we are asking all our Twitter followers to ENDORSE the Day of Silence on that day.

[quote="gam197, post:3, topic:194731"]

"Let Homosexuals Donate Blood" and more.....

[/quote]

Interesting that they allow homosexuals (who have an astronomically greater chance to be infected with AIDS than non-homosexuals) to donate blood, but they don't allow people who lived in Europe to do so:
[INDENT]You are not eligible to donate if:

From January 1, 1980, through December 31, 1996, you spent (visited or lived) a cumulative time of 3 months or more, in the United Kingdom (UK), or
From January 1, 1980, to present, you had a blood transfusion in any country(ies) in the (UK). The UK includes any of the countries listed below.
[LIST]
*]Channel Islands
*]England
*]Falkland Islands
*]Gibraltar
*]Isle of Man
*]Northern Ireland
*]Scotland
*]Wales
[/LIST]
You were a member of the of the U.S. military, a civilian military employee, or a dependent of a member of the U.S. military who spent a total time of 6 months on or associated with a military base in any of the following areas during the specified time frames

[LIST]
*]From 1980 through 1990 - Belgium, the Netherlands (Holland), or Germany
*]From 1980 through 1996 - Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Italy or Greece.
[/LIST]
You spent (visited or lived) a cumulative time of 5 years or more from January 1, 1980, to present, in any combination of country(ies) in Europe, including
[/INDENT]
[LIST]
*]
[LIST]
*]
[LIST]
*]in the UK from 1980 through 1996 as listed above
*]on or associated with military bases as described above, and
*]in other countries in Europe as listed below:

[LIST]
*]Albania
*]Austria
*]Belgium
*]Bosnia/Herzegovina
*]Bulgaria
*]Croatia
*]Czech Republic
*]Denmark
*]Finland
*]France
*]Germany
*]Greece
*]Hungary
*]Ireland (Republic of)
*]Italy
*]Kosovo (Federal Republic of Yugoslavia)
*]Liechtenstein
*]Luxembourg
*]Macedonia
*]Montenegro (Federal Republic of Yugoslavia)
*]Netherlands (Holland)
*]Norway
*]Poland
*]Portugal
*]Romania
*]Serbia (Federal Republic of Yugoslavia)
*]Slovak Republic (Slovakia)
*]Slovenia
*]Spain
*]Sweden
*]Switzerland
*]Turkey
*]Yugoslavia (Federal Republic includes Kosovo, Montenegro, and Serbia)
[/LIST]

[/LIST]

[/LIST]

[/LIST]

Go figure.

Today is a good day for parents to call their students in Christian ("My child can't go to school today, his/her heart's on fire for Jesus, and if (s)he came, that might be doused")

Started at 12:43 EST

tweetchat.com/room/dayofsilence

kayrrr I'm surprised - and thrilled that some of the students (and teachers) at the elem school I work at are participating in #dayofsilence -1:17 PM Apr 16th,

im_cyrina I don't think my students knew when they were playing "the silent game", but I like that it's #DayofSilence today. bit.ly/9uIDlz #

The Twitter battle to save souls has begun-I've already been shot with plenty of arrows, but I keep moving forward!

(my twitter is @burmy87 for all who wish to follow)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.