Archbishop Dolan addresses sex abuse crisis on 60 Minutes March 20th

On an episode of 60 Minutes set to air Sunday, March 20, at 7 p.m. ET, on CBS, Archbishop Timothy Dolan of New York tells Morley Safer that the sex abuse crisis needs to "haunt" the Catholic Church.

In response to a question about whether the scandal would go on forever, Archbishop Dolan said:

"In some ways, I don't want it to be over, because...this was such a crisis in the Catholic Church that in a way, we don't want to get over it too easily. This needs to haunt us."

When Safer asks if the cover-up of sex abuse was worse than the abuse itself, the archbishop, who is also president of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, responds:

"I'd say there's some truth in that, you'd think that the church of all would know better."

osvdailytake.com/2011/03/archbishop-dolan-addresses-sex-abuse.html?spref=tw

I just happened to see this program. “60 Minutes” had obviously “edited” the program, but even so, Archbishop Dolan was able to maintain the continuity of Catholic doctrine. His words came through with the Catholic message. He did a great job.

There is supposed to be some kind of “60 Minutes Overtime” Web page, that I would like to check out.

I was wanting to watch the interview, but forgot it was on.:( Hopefully, I can find it online.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.