Archbishop of Canterbury Urges More Interfaith Dialogue To Ease Fears Of Muslim Community

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby has spoken out against the forces of secularism, on the one hand, seeking to force religion out of the public sphere, and extremism, on the other, seeking to replace mainstream religion with a radicalised version twisted to fit their own agenda.

In a hard hitting speech, he also urged Muslim leaders to do more than simply condemn terrorism; they should also promote an alternative, peaceful version of their religion.

breitbart.com/london/2015/10/04/archbishop-canterbury-urges-interfaith-dialogue-ease-fears-muslim-community/

I wonder how many cars in the Middle East have “COEXIST” bumper stickers? Not many I’d wager.

Westminster Abbey will make for a gorgeous mosque when the Muslims acquire it. Welby should focus on his rapidly collapsing Communion, not the internal affairs of Islam. Otherwise, there will be no Anglicans remaining to fill ye olde parishes.

In his concern for interfaith dialog and community relations, what has Archbishop Welby said or done to provide support or encouragement for an Anglican family enduring years of persecution and hate crime at the hands of their Muslim neighbors in Yorkshire, England? Nothing at all, it seems.

An Asian family who converted to Christianity claim they are being driven out of their home for the second time by Muslim persecutors.
Nissar Hussain, his wife Kubra and their six children said they have suffered an appalling ordeal at the hands of neighbours who regard them as blasphemers.
They claim they are effectively prisoners in their own home after being attacked in the street, having their car windscreens repeatedly smashed and eggs thrown at their windows….
Police have been called numerous times to deal with the trouble but are said to be reluctant to treat the problem as a religious hate crime.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3258159/Asian-family-converted-Christianity-driven-home-Muslim-persecutors.html

Westminster Abbey is a Collegiate Church, basically under the jurisdiction of the Crown, which is Church of England. It’s not for sale.

I have two good Muslim friends who are NOT militant or wife beaters or anti-Christian and I have a good friend who is a priest and not a child molester, Stereotyping is both dangerous and judgemental ! Jesus of Nazareth taught us not do either.

Thank you for your words.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.