Archbishop of Haiti among victims

CNN is reporting that he didnt survive the earthquake

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace, amen.

May his soul, and may all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace, amen.

This is really awful Haiti has suffered so much and is so poor

I read the Pope is trying to send aid to them

May I challenge people to not go to a movie or eat out one night or buy your normal morning coffee and send it to the Haiti relief fund of your choice. My family and I have been donating school supplies and baby items to one place in Haiti. We don’t know what their status is and are praying for their safety. The need is great and as it is said “the workers few”.

I am sure we are all going to be invited to help at mass…We were urged to help the victims of the Tsunami from the pulpit

A terrible tragedy. Fox News is reporting “The apostolic nuncio in Haiti, Msgr. Bernardito Auza, said that the cathedral and all the major churches and seminaries in Port-au-Prince were leveled by the most powerful temblor to strike the island in two centuries. Hundreds of seminarians and priests were trapped in the rubble, he told Vatican Radio.”

We need to be praying too, for those still trapped ,and those that are waiting for news, and for the dead, and all of the suffering

May God have mercy on them

Amen. :signofcross:

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, soul and divinity of your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of his sorrowful Passion have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Here is an article: foxnews.com/story/0,2933,582942,00.html

Many priests were lost as well, and probably many religious and lay people who supported this Archdiocese. May they rest in the eternal light of Christ.

~Liza

The cathedral in Port-au-Prince was also destroyed.

Has anyone heard of any Catholic groups sending medical personnel or others to help? I don’t have much money to contribute but would be willing to go to help.

Amen. :signofcross:

I wish I knew also…

I’m with you. I will not send any money to the government donation site because of the wholesale theft and waste. I’ll let the dust settle down a bit while I look for individual religious communities who know how to stretch a buck and won’t be hiring cronies to administer the program.

I agree with you. I would be careful not to give money to a goverment that is used to wasting ours or to a foreign govt. for that matter. Give money to those that help the most-Catholic churches and Catholic groups that go directly to the people with help and aide.

Send them to Caritas…the church runs it

~Yes Israel is murdering and warring , but ISRAEL are not invoking DEMONS, and the ANCIENT Gods of HELL.~

America is NOT exempt though ,

In THIS country we have Brutal Satanists , who Abduct Children and Adults to , RAPE , TORTURE , and Brutalize thier bodies to The Ancient Gods of Hell. Sabbatean - Frankists Like : Abortionist Doctor Philip Kitner of Asheville North Carolina, Abortionist Doctor Warren Hern of Boulder Co, Norma Fitzwater of Ohio, USA colonel Michael and Lilth Aquino of St. Louis Mo.

These Yezidiya ( Aramic Satan -Set -Hell Worshippers) REALLY do Torture humans, Eat them and Drink thier blood. The saw children’s faces off with bandsaws, in satanic rituals .throw people into vats of battery acid ; , skin thin alive and eat them .
…all whle filming this with cameras to sell blackmarket and make extra monies.

These ceremonies take place in the Caverens on the border of Murphy North Carolina and Tennessee.

Our Country is JUST AS EVIL as Haiti…

Go here to see actual drawing from an EX victim of the Aquinos.

revolutionzone.co.za/art.php

my point is THE USA is NOT exempt.

~H

Here is a slide show of images in Haiti - the Cathedral is shown. Jesus must be in the rubble somewhere too, wherever the tabernacle used to be. :frowning:

It’s all so very sad. I saw recent video footage of looting with machetes - if someone does not get control over this situation very quickly it could get extremely ugly.

flickr.com/photos/britishredcross/sets/72157623201983100/show/

~Liza

It is heart breaking…I can’t imagine the suffering these people are enduring

I donated to the Catholic Relief Services. Their website is: www.crs.org Like a lot of us, didn’t have a lot to send, but have heard it said if everyone gave just $5 it would amount to a ton of money.

Jesus have Mercy.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.