Archbishop Tartaglia in Scotland: Distressing time made worse by disturbing media reports

A ‘painful and distressing’ time for the Church is being made worse by ‘disturbing media reports, the newly appointed administrator of St Andrews and Edinburgh Archdiocese said today.

“You have lost your Cardinal Archbishop in the most difficult of circumstances,” Archbishop Philip Tartaglia of Glasgow said in a letter to Catholics in St Andrews and Edinburgh. “I am so sorry for everyone involved and I assure them of my prayers. The people of the archdiocese are having to bear the impact of these sad events as you go about your daily lives in your communities and at work. You have to cope with disturbing media reports and you have to face the questions, the critical comments, the unkind remarks and the jibes.”

Pope Benedict XVI appointed Archbishop Tartaglia as Apostolic administrator to St Andrews and Edinburgh earlier today, following His Holiness’s acceptance of Cardinal Keith O’Brien’s resignation on Monday.
sconews.co.uk/news/25890/archbishop-tartaglia-distressing-time-made-worse-by-disturbing-media-reports/

This is sad sad news Liz. I pray for Cardinal O’Brien and Archbishop Tartaglia in this especially difficult time. :gopray2:

Dear Catholics of the Edinburgh diocese, we love you and pray that you will not beome discouraged. You have been given the grace to suffer for the Name (again). God bless you, and hang on.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.