Arctic air temperature at record high

Getting grim huh? Yet you wonder what it will take for some to accept the reality of global warming.

telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/10/17/eaarctic117.xml
Arctic air temperature at record high due to sea ice loss
By Paul Eccleston

Less summer ice - which deflects solar radiation - has resulted in a rise in both the ocean and atmospheric temperature.
The US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) says autumn air temperatures in the region are at a record 5ºC (9ºF) above average.

telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/10/13/eaclimate113.xml
Climate change study predicts refugees fleeing into Antarctica
By Urmee Khan
Australia and Oklahoma will be abandoned because of water shortages

And count on it, the deniers will claim that ice is just hotter than it used to be, or they’ll claim it’s because Mars is too close or something.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Sound the alarms, roll the presses, raise taxes, outlaw CO2, do something for heaven’s sake!

Your first link doesn’t work your second is a “think” tank.

Oklahoma will be abandoned …

I thought it already was.

Ice Age Now - record lows 2008

Yeah, we need to go ahead and just start throwing money at it NOW so that we can stop it!!!:rolleyes:

I believe junk science can work both ways. Those lows are a smattering of areas and only cover recorded low temps, not something that goes back nearly far enough in history to be ice age worthy.

Yeah, we need to go ahead and just start throwing money at it NOW so that we can stop it!!!

Can’t agree with you there. The facts of warming are not debatable. What, if anything, can feasibly be done, that is debatable.

But hysterical exaggeration won’t help at all.

Uh, I said that in jest.

However, I don’t agree with “the facts of warming are not debatable.” If you want to get down to it one could say that we’re in between ice ages. 30 years ago the environmentalists were saying that the world was growing colder; now they say it’s getting warmer. For every “scientist” who says that things are warming up there is one who says that things are progressing in a natural way as they always have.

Uh, I said that in jest.

Hard to tell, sometimes. I’ve had deniers insist our choices are to do nothing, or submit to draconian measures.

However, I don’t agree with “the facts of warming are not debatable.”

Reality is what it is. Opinions don’t mean much. The data show a warming trend that pretty much matches anthopogenic CO2.

If you want to get down to it one could say that we’re in between ice ages. 30 years ago the environmentalists were saying that the world was growing colder;

Sorry, that’s a myth.

**A U.S. climatologist said there was no consensus in the 1970s that the Earth was headed for a new ice age.

Thomas Peterson of the National Climatic Data Center said a survey of scientific journals of the era showed that only seven supported global cooling, 44 predicted warming and 20 others were neutral, USA Today reported Thursday.**
terradaily.com/reports/Study_Global_cooling_a_1970s_myth_999.html

For every “scientist” who says that things are warming up there is one who says that things are progressing in a natural way as they always have.

That’s a myth, too. Even the “scientists who deny warming” lists prepared by deniers show that less than 3% of climatologists don’t agree with the data showing warming.

It is not “the facts of warming are not debatable”, it is the global warming cult does not want them to be debated. They know they will lose.

So everything that you don’t agree with is a myth? Very convenient…:rolleyes:

So everything that you don’t agree with is a myth?

No. For example, I disagree with Marxism, but it is an unfortunate reality. However those things, as you saw from the evidence I presented, are indeed myths.

As you see, research easily shows that there was no consensus for cooling in the 70s. And the fact that even the deniers are able to come up with less than 3% of climatologists who agree with them, shows that there are far, far fewer than half of them who deny global warming.

Very convenient…

Evidence is indeed convenient, when one is debating. Life is tough, um?

It is not “the facts of warming are not debatable”, it is the global warming cult does not want them to be debated. They know they will lose.

You’ve been trying to debate them here. And it hasn’t gone so well for you, has it?

Does debating global warming in person raise CO2 levels?

Or not.

network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fullcomment/archive/2008/10/20/lorne-gunter-thirty-years-of-warmer-temperatures-go-poof.aspx

So your scientist is surprised that Brazil is affected by one of the largest La Ninas of the century, a few hundred miles away? Really?

The question is not whether or not La Ninas or Sunspot minimums are cooling effects.

The question is why, with both operating at a level rarely seen, the planet is still warming.

What do you think?

The report says

“…autumn air temperatures in the Arctic are at a record 9 degrees Fahrenheit (5 Celsius) above normal.”

I didn’t see it in the article, but what are normal arctic air temperature ranges? For that matter what are the normal sea and surface temperature ranges?

Back to the OP article, I have an observation.

When there are record highs, it is “proof” of not just global warming, but human driven global warming. When there are record lows, they are just inevitable anomolous readings resulting from the nature of weather itself.

The AGW activists need to get consistent. Either spot location record temps are evidence, or they aren’t. Decide.

Averages are great. Show them, tell about them. But cut out the self contradictory stuff about specific locations and times unless you are prepared to accept to hear about locations experiencing a downward temperature trend too.

Anyone know just what the

Arctic air temperature at record high

was?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.