Are Evangualization and the Birth of Christ Related

John 1: 1-5 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him: and without him was made nothing that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it”.

Can, and if so; how, might we give Bith to Christ in present times?

I love those words. We heard them this morning in the Last Gospel at low Mass. We always kneel at the words “VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST” “AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH” but it seems especially meaningful this time of year.

To add something to your question, I’ve long thought that Advent is a great time to meditate on Original Sin, since we are asked to imagine welcoming the Newborn King, and of course the people who historically welcomed Him still had no escape from the penalty of Original Sin (except Our Lady, of course).

Chesterton said Original Sin is the one Catholic doctrine that doesn’t require faith to believe, because its effects are evident in everyone we meet. He said every sane person thinks that people want to be happy, and yet recognizes that we are always falling short of true, lasting joy. Its a problem who’s only solution is the Gospel.

I think that’s a good message of evangelization for all the year round, but especially this time of year. Once you get people talking about our brokenness and hunger, they are more reception to hearing about the One who can fix us.

Just my 2 cents.

=Rich C;10158367]I love those words. We heard them this morning in the Last Gospel at low Mass. We always kneel at the words "VERBUM CARO FACTUM EST" "AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH" but it seems especially meaningful this time of year.

To add something to your question, I've long thought that Advent is a great time to meditate on Original Sin, since we are asked to imagine welcoming the Newborn King, and of course the people who historically welcomed Him still had no escape from the penalty of Original Sin (except Our Lady, of course).

Chesterton said Original Sin is the one Catholic doctrine that doesn't require faith to believe, because its effects are evident in everyone we meet. He said every sane person thinks that people want to be happy, and yet recognizes that we are always falling short of true, lasting joy. Its a problem who's only solution is the Gospel.

I think that's a good message of evangelization for all the year round, but especially this time of year. Once you get people talking about our brokenness and hunger, they are more reception to hearing about the One who can fix us.

Just my 2 cents.

Hey Rich,

Your post was so good; it's CHRUSTmas; so double it:thumbsup: THANKS,

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.