Are forgotten sins judged?

Hebrew 8:12 For I will forgive their evildoing and remember their sins no more."

Revelations 20:12 I saw the dead, the great and the lowly, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. Then another scroll was opened, the book of life. 10 The dead were judged according to their deeds, by what was written in the scrolls.

Can someone help me explain to my mom the seeming contradiction here?

Any help is appreciated.

“Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean,
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.” - Psalm 51

It seems to me that Jesus will wash the scroll clean, but he needs our cooperation. If we are not in the presence of God, He does not move heaven and earth to wipe our slates clean. Through prayer, through repentance, through confession, we must remember to come before God.

And in that case, He will not fail to forget our sins. :bible1:

A beautiful Scriptural song I know goes:

“As far as the east is from the west, so far has He cast away our sins,
He pities us so because He knows we are His children.”

A clip is at: debmantel.com/au_otik8.ram

I was thinking that the dead were those not in a state of grace–having not asked for forgiveness–and that’s why their sins were not “forgotten.”

???

Rev. 11 says,

9 Next I saw a large white throne and the one who was sitting on it. The earth and the sky fled from his presence and there was no place for them.

Could it be that the dead who had noT known Christ are judged by their deeds…Like baptism by desire?

ps: GEORGEOUS SONG CLIP!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.