Are Homeopathy and Osteopathy really acceptable?

A recent question regarding homeopathy renewed some old concerns. I use both homeopathy and osteopathy (osteopathic manipulative treatment) as standard western medicines are problematic for me. I understand that answers given here say that both of acceptable for Catholics to use. However, there are Catholics who say these are definitely contrary to the Catholic faith and refer to the document the document, Jesus Christ, the Bearer of the Water of Life by one of the Pontifical Councils, the beliefs of the founder of homeopathy, and the fact that these practices are considered New Age among other things. These opponents include both priests and the host of an EWTN show. I also have found out that several popes either used, promoted, or approved of the use of homeopathy including that Pope John Paul II's physician used homeopathy and that Mother Teresa used homeopathy in her clinics. How do I reconcile all this and know what is acceptable?

Thank you.

The following links should help you better understand the Church’s position on alternative medicines. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

Can Catholics use homeopathy?

Can Catholics go to osteopaths?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.