Are Moses, Elijah, and Enoch saints?

Since Enoch and Elijah were assumed, we know they are in Heaven. Likewise, we see Moses at the Transfiguration so we know he’s there too. Does the Church consider them saints? Can they be prayed to for intercession?

[quote=Genesis315]Since Enoch and Elijah were assumed, we know they are in Heaven. Likewise, we see Moses at the Transfiguration so we know he’s there too. Does the Church consider them saints? Can they be prayed to for intercession?
[/quote]

Yes and Yes :slight_smile:

Brandon

Hmmm. Why doesn’t anyone call Moses “St. Moses” then?

[quote=Genesis315]Hmmm. Why doesn’t anyone call Moses “St. Moses” then?
[/quote]

Actually, I have heard of people refer to him that way, in fact, our parish priest has. In a simple form, a Saint is one that the Church show is in heaven, as opposed to purgatory or Hell.

Because of the Bible record, we know that all three of those you mention are in heaven, and are therefore Saints. Michael the Archangel is also called a Saint, although he never lived on earth, because of his position in heaven.

Brandon

I mean, it totally makes sense. i was just curious because I have never heard them referred to as saints before. Are they patrons of anything I wonder?

aren’t all believers called saints?

[quote=yqbd]aren’t all believers called saints?
[/quote]

I meant canonized saints.

[quote=yqbd]aren’t all believers called saints?
[/quote]

Yes, but we are speaking here of *canonized * saints.

The reason these OT figures are not normally refered to as “Saint” is just a matter of traditional practice. Here in Phoenix we have a parish called St. Daniel The Prophet Catholic Church.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.