Are Muslims okay with Muhammed actions?

I was curious to find out if Muslims are actually comfortable with how Muhammed behaved himself. I know that there are quite a lot of Muslims that devout themselves to God. Which I highly respect, really…I do. I don`t believe every Muslim is a terrorist, but I am eager to see if these God-fearing Muslims actually justify Mohammeds actions. So let me ask you the questions.

Do you really believe it was okay for Mohammed to have a relationship with a 6 year old girl while he was 51?! And, do you believe it was okay for him to have sexual intercourse when she was 9 while he was 53?! A lot of you are complaining about the mystery of The Holy Trinity but I know that none of you would be okay if your 6 year old niece, cousin, sister, was going to to undergo a relationship with an over aged man. Some of you ** actually ** think it was common for older men to marry younger wives. But let me stress that there is a huge difference between a 14 year old marring a 30 old then a 53 sleeping with someone who is still entertained with playing barbie dolls. Just like how there is a difference nowadays if a 16 year old goes out with a 10 year old and a 26 year goes out with a 20 year old. So, can you please answer me honestly. Do you really believe its okay for a 53 year old to take a 9 year old as a wife?

What about the killing that Mohammed participated in. Did he not kill unjustly. Did he not hate the Jews? I mean, I will be honest, I have no evidence of such crimes but its because I have done no research. But hearing from other non-Muslims its pretty clear that Mohammed isnt somebody that you want to bearound if youre not on his side. I also see lack of Muslims defending his actions. They just point to the OT and think you can compare the wars that happened during THAT time to Mohammeds unlawful actions. There is a muslim woman on this forum who spends a lot of time studying Islam, but when she was challenged to debate on Mohammeds behaviour, she litterly backed out and said “it will be a waste of time”. So come on Muslims, let uss be honest here: Was Mohammed really a peacfull person? If you love Islam because it expresses peace, then youre my brother and sister. But how come Mohammed didnt do the things what you guys claim Islam is, a peacful religion?

Some, if not most, Muslims consider it an ad hominem fallacy when people:

• Say Mohammed committed sins
  • Say the Qu’ran contradicts itself
  • Ask for evidence of claims in the Qu’ran
  • Ask for proof that Mohammed was a prophet

In the name of Allah , Most Gracious, Most Merciful

It’s enough for the God fearing Muslims that God praised Muhammed (pbuh) & gave him the certificate of the high moral character. We don’t need any certificate from any non-Muslim , let him/her be the king/ Queen of this world.

And verily, you (O Muhammad SAW) are on an exalted standard of character.

( سورة القلم , Al-Qalam, Chapter #68, Verse #4)

I know that none of you would be okay if your 6 year old niece, cousin, sister, was going to to undergo a relationship with an over aged man.

a Muslim is not allowed to have any girl/boy friend. So , if any Muslim’s sis/niece/ daughter goes out for dating with world’s most handsome young man , it’s a sin . The person should give her a big slap ( minimum ) & hopefully give him a light beating .

With the permission of bride & parents , marriage of a 9 year old girl is allowed but not a must. So , if a girl is mature enough , parents can arrange her marriage but **must not force her. **

No minimum or maximum age gap is mentioned between spouses in holy Quran. So , if parents of a girl ( under no pressure ) thinks a
man is trustworthy & God fearing person & the girl is ready for marriage , no one has right to object.

Now a days , we see western school girls are becoming mothers , don’t know who the daddy is , needs to go for DNA tests more than once—these are major sins in Islam .

Did he not hate the Jews?

nuh. Jesus (pbuh) scolded Jews . Does it mean he hated them ? Jesus (pbuh) will kill antiChrist after his second coming , does it mean he is a merciless killer ? Of Course not . It will be to establish peace in the world. Just like that, Muhammed (pbuh) was against those who revolted against God , commands of God .

They just point to the OT and think you can compare the wars that happened during THAT time to Mohammeds unlawful actions.

his actions was not unlawful . Some non Muslims condemn Islam in a way as if Islam started/ introduced war , killing , polygamy , slavery etc etc. They want to say Islamic punishments are barbaric when their own book allows stoning , destroying the whole city of idol worshippers etc

So , personally I like to remind them that it’s their own holy book that allowed all these.

I can see , U have a lot of misconceptions about the Last Prophet (pbuh). Instead of listening to anti-Islamic propaganda , u should know from reliable sources.

You may be a Christian Protestant, Catholic, Jew, an atheist or an agnostic; or you may belong to any of many different religious denominations existing in today’s world. You might even be a coummunist or believe in man’s democracy as the rule on earth.

Whoever you are and whatever ideological or political beliefs, social habits you may hold, there is no doubt -

You Must Know This MAN - MUHAMMAD (peace be upon him).

islamtomorrow.com/muhammad/

islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?hSection=LSEMF&pagename=Zone-English-Living_Shariah/LSESection

readingislam.com/servlet/Satellite?hSection=DIEAM&pagename=Zone-English-Discover_Islam/DIESection

related verses from holy Quran- God’s Final Book**.

And mix not truth with falsehood, nor conceal the truth (i.e. Muhammad Peace be upon him is Allahs Messenger and his qualities are written in your Scriptures, the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)) while you know (the truth) .

( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #42)

do you want to ask your Messenger (Muhammad Peace be upon him ) as Moosa (Moses) was asked before (i.e. show us openly our Lord?)

And he who changes Faith for disbelief, verily, he has gone astray from the right way.

( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #108)

Moreover, Muhammed had 11 wives at certain time (some sources say 23) excluding the right hand possessions, yet Islamic law allows only 4 at a time.

Is it okay when someone brings new law yet himself disobey it! :shrug:

In the name of Allah , Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Any Muslim could divorce his all 4 wives & took other wives . But Prophet (pbuh) was forbidden to divorce his wives & take any more wife —these were exceptional laws for him ordered by the God Almighty.

Surely u know about the specific verses ? Still you are trying to spread the misinformation that Prophet (pbuh) broke the command of God . Why you are doing this ? :shrug:

God made that lawful for him.

Is the creation yours? or God’s?

Some sources said that he had 1000 wives, yet there are some who said he had 10000 wives.

They just want us to be against him, yet we are loyal to God’s messenger.

Peace be upon prophet Mohammad and his family.

Why did Muhammad offer to divorce all his wives if it was forbidden for him to do so?

Surely u know about the specific verses ? Still you are trying to spread the misinformation that Prophet (pbuh) broke the command of God . Why you are doing this ? :shrug

:

Hadith show a friend of Muhammed first came up with the idea of the veil verse before Muhammed received a revelation to cover women just as they show timely revelations to justify marrying his adopted sons wife, clearing his child bride of cheating with a soldier to stop the contraversies rasied by these situations.

Was theft and murder also made lawful for him?

What conveniently-timed revelations the Islamic Allah gave to Muhammad! Is this business about it being “forbidden” to divorce his wives before taking others a bit like how he was commanded not to hide his lust for the wife of his adopted son?

Muslims justify his actions simply because they believe he is a prophet…

During the year 628 A.D., eight men from the clan of Uraynah, came to Medina.

They became Muslims. While they were there they got sick. Muhammad prescribed a medicine for them: he told them to drink camel milk and camel urine.

After the men got better, they brutally murdered the shepherd of the camels, stole the camels, and tried to escape. Muhammad sent an armed party of 20 men after them.

They were caught and brought back to Medina.

There, Muhammad pronounced their judgment: their eyes were branded with hot irons, then plucked out, their hands and feet were cut off, and then, while still alive, they were thrown out on the hot desert to die.

~
I know I wouldn’t want to be in the company of this man… that’s for sure.

Out of curiosity do you have a link for this from other than an anti-Islam site? I would like to read about this if indeed it is true.

I found it in the link below and read it…

answering-islam.org/Silas/shepherds.htm

And before posting it I went to islamonline and found it there as well.

islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?cid=1182697514421&pagename=IslamOnline-English-AAbout_Islam%2FAskAboutIslamE%2FAskAboutIslamE

From islamonline.net

The Case of the People of `Uraynah

What happened with the people of `Uraynah was that they came to the Prophet and embraced Islam. The climate of Madinah did not suit them, so the Prophet
advised them to go to the (herd of milk) camels of charity.

They did so, and after they had recovered from their ailment and became healthy they reverted from Islam and killed the shepherd of the camels and took the camels away.

So they proved to be a group of bandits and by killing the civilians they even committed the crime of terrorism. There is a verse in the Qur’an that deals with this with a prescribed punishment:

{The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this: They should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement.} (Al-Ma’idah 5:33)

When the Prophet came to know about this, he applied the punishment for hirabah (highway robbery, or, in other terms, terrorism) on them because they committed this crime and, according to this verse, they deserve to be punished like that because they terrorized, stole, and killed.

So their punishment is to be killed after getting their hands and feet cut off from opposite sides.

And there was a chance for them to repent before the Muslims overpowered them.

And I also found it here…

theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/quran_533_commentary/

It is clear that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) prescribed the hands and feet to be cut off in accordance with the Islamic laws concerning hiraabah (armed robbery).

What doesn’t appear in this narration is the reason for branding their eyes with heated pieces of iron. This is explained in other narrations where it states that this was the punishment because they had done the same thing to the sheperd whom they killed.

As Shaykh Abdul Khaliq Hasan Ash-Shareef states about this narration:

It should be made clear that those people who came to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) were Muslims and they were sick.

The Prophet advised them to go to the herd of camels and to drink their milk and urine (as a medicine). When they became healthy, they killed the herder of the Prophet and drove away all the camels that were allocated for sadaqah (charity).

When the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) came to know about this, he applied the punishment for Hirabah on them. Hiraba means killing people, robbing their money or raping women by an armed group of people.

The punishment for Hirabah is mentioned in the Qur’an. Allah says:

“The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His Messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land.

Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom” (Al-Ma’idah: 33).

As for branding their eyes, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) branded the eyes of the people of Ukl or Uraina with iron because they killed the herder and branded his eyes with iron. Imam Ibn Hajar stated the differences of opinions among scholars and he said, “The killing that took place (that is, in reference to the above hadith) was in retaliation and Allah Almighty says,

‘And one who attacketh you, attack him in like manner as he attacked you’ (Al-Baqarah: 194).”

All in all, using this story as evidence in favor of the permissibility of torturing people in Islam is refuted by the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) applied the punishment for Hirabah on them and that** he did not do so for personal vengeance**. (SOURCE, emphasis added)

Interesting closing from the author… “”** he did not do so for personal vengeance**"" to justify this action…

The only real issue that I see with all of the discussion of the actions of Muhammed comes down to one question: had anyone else done it, would it be considered wrong?

If the answer is yes, you have an issue. That means that Muhammed was allowed to commit what is otherwise sin with impunity.

If the answer is no, you have an issue. That means that Muhammed’s religion has no real concept of wrong-doing or sin.

As far as him having married a 6 year old, if that was culturally accepted then, it is hard to criticise today. The stories all say that he waited until she was 9 to consummate. Just because we might find it disgusting at best, downright vile at worst, does not make it the worst thing on his resume.

False! Absolutely false! The New Testament does not teach that Christians should kills those who refuse to convert to Christianity. Has it happened? Yes! But that was from the evils in men’s hearts, not the teachings of the New Testament. That is one of the biggest differences between Islam and Christianity. The Koran clearly and without doubt teaches that muslims are to kill all who refuse to convert to Islam. Of course, people of the book (ie Jews and Christains) don’t have to convert as long as they live only a step above slavery to the muslims.

I have also been able to find the passage on several Islamic sites but I am trying to pull apart fact from fiction. Some Muslims state that this information comes from a false Hadith while others say its true. Let me read up on it some more and I’ll post in a bit.

Hmm… This is kind of concerning for me. The problem I have with Hadith’s is that it is a record of the words and deeds of the Prophet, his family, and his companions. Therefore #1 It is written by man, #2 Man is fallible, and #3 What one might read could be false. Now to be fair I could say the same of the Bible but I don’t want to defocus from my thought. I also read that no Hadith can contradict that of the Qur’an for it can be labeled as a false Hadith. So to be fair what can one believe when it comes to fact or fiction?

Now upon reading this particular Hadith and seeing feedback from several Islamic forums it appears the majority claim it is a true Hadith but labeled as misinterpreted. The last post I came across brought me to the following link below for further reading. If I am interpreting everything correctly it appears we have a case that even one will find in the Bible as an “eye for an eye” mentality in which the punishment suited the crime.

load-islam.com/artical_det.php?artical_id=414&section=wel_islam&subsection=Misconceptions#18

But the rationalist in me doesn’t agree with this mindset so I am going to do a little hypothetical scenario to see if it makes sense. Again this is hypothetical and not here to offend anyone depending your viewpoint.

Let’s suppose the following is statements are True

1. Jews, Christians, and Muslims worship the same God.
  2. Jesus wasn’t divine but that of a prophet.
  3. God is infallible.
  4. Jesus and Muhammad were God’s only prophets.

Let’s start with Jesus and just go along with the story of Christs life as spoken about in the Bible. Jesus is portrayed as a peaceful, loving man, who loved his fellow man. He performed miracles and preached peace. In fact the majority of the world won’t even debate that but I am sure you could find a few sites out there to contradict this. Even doing a quick search I can’t even find anything negative about Christ according to Islam. So let’s just say Christ was a saint.

Now we move towards Muhammad. I am not a scholar of Muhammad and from what I can find performing a quick search he was a merchant and shepherd and did not receive his first revelation till age 40. So let’s just say till age 40 he was considered an average man who lived an honest life. Then one day he receives his first revelation and so on for the next 23 years. Now this isn’t a debate between the Bible and the Qur’an but we have to come back to the “eye for an eye” mentality.

If God is infallible then why in one hand his first prophet promotes peace at all costs and on his other hand his second prophet promotes balance. For me if God is loving (Christian) and merciful (Islam) then why would Muhammad deem #1 violence towards man and #2 lay upon such cruelty to the accused even if the punishment suited the crime. Doesn’t it seem a little off that any prophet of God would use violence at all especially if Jesus came first?

Conclusion
Even though I have publicly showed support for Islam and would still no matter the religion I finally decided to follow, I must also be reasonable and look at all evidence. I for one unless proved otherwise can’t believe a prophet of God would be allowed to conduct themselves in such a fashion towards his fellow man. Because this seems to be true unless I am corrected otherwise I have to agree that this shows God is fallible, therefore Muhammad has fallibility and if fallibility exists does Islam represent the word of God?

Now I call upon any Christian or Muslim to rip this apart and correct me if my mindset or information is false. I am just stating my opinion to how I am gathering and interpreting the information I find.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.