Are my sin considered unforgiveable?

Hi.

A year ago I used to watch a serie called Jane the virgin. I remember being skeptical at first but I figured I could try and watch it. I started liking it, even though I sort of knew that it might could be sinful because of the way it presents the Immaculate conception of Mary the Virgin in a bad and foolish way. I didn’t spend too much time trying to figure out if it was sinful to continue watching the serie, but I continued.

I remember mentioning something about watching a sinful programme when I went to confession once, when I after a long time watching decided to stop watching because of the Faith.

I sometimes worry if I have committed the unforgivable sin, which is blasphemy toward the Holy Spirit. So I wanted to ask if you guys think it’s a mortal sin or worse. Anyway I have wondered if it’s possible for a christian to commit such a sin?

Edit: It’s worth mentioning that I didn’t know it was possible to make an unforgiveable sin at the time.

Maybe I’m just being scrupolous and beating myself up, but I just don’t know…

Short answer: no, this was not an unforgivable sin.

Pope John Paul II wrote that the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spitit “does not properly consist in offending against the Holy Spirit in words; it consists rather in the refusal to accept the salvation which God offers to man through the Holy Spirit, working through the power of the cross.” ( Dominum et Vivificantem , #46)

Here is some more info on that:
http://catholicstraightanswers.com/why-is-blasphemy-against-the-holy-spirit-an-unforgivable-sin-are-not-all-sins-forgivable/

Thank you so much! I’m now more wise to what it actually means to committ blasphemy towards the Holy Spirit. I finally have peace in my heart. Thank you again! God bless you!:heart:

The only sin which is unforgivable is the one we refuse to repent of. The invitation is always open. Always.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.