Are oneness Pentecostals Christians ?

Pretty straight forward are they?

No.

Certainty is an affliction of the young.
The older I get, the less I make pronouncments about the whether someone is or is not a Christian. I leave that job to God.

They do not have a valid baptism.

IOW, they do not baptize according to a Triune G-d? I think they believe only in the divinity of Jesus, but how they came to their theology by means of the Hebrew Bible and New Testament, I don’t know. From what I’ve read and heard, there are also Trinitarian Pentecostals, so I suppose Oneness Pentecostals are an off-shoot.

To me, a non-Christian, if members of a religion call themselves Christian, I believe they are. I realize the Church does not agree. I say the same about Jews, even if they are Messianic Jews, Nazarene Jews, cultural Jews, or some other movement outside mainstream Judaism (Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, Reconstructionist).

I completely agree with you on this subject.

I second the notion. Oneness pentecostals do hold a more heretical view of the trinity and their baptism at least from a Catholic standpoint isn’t valid due to the fact that it isn’t done in a trinitarian form. But to make a call if they are Christian or saved etc probably would be best to be left in God’s hands.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.