Are people who are beatified by the church still at risk of being in hell?

Saints are those who we can have infallible assurance that they are saved.

Blesseds do not have infallible assurance given to them regarding their salvation. How much assurance can we have that they are in Heaven?

Does that mean a Blessed could be in hell?

On what level of infallibility can one trust the Church’s judgement on a Blessed?

Nope.

Because in thr case of Saints:
In the Cause for Beatification there must be two medically approved or scientifically approved miracles from God through that saints intercession.

Satan/ lost souls cannot intercede for miracles.

Only the saints can.

In the case of Blesseds:
They lived a life of heroic virtue.
That cannot be done without strong devotion to God and an active christian life.

What’s the difference between a Saint and Blessed then if we have absolute assurance they are both in Heaven interceding for us?

A saint is fully canonized.

A blessed is in the process of being looked into for canonization.

Anyone who reaches heaven becomes a saint.

But only specific individuals become ‘saints raised to the altar’ (saints canonized by the chuch, for us to imitate, pray to, learn from)

So we can be assured that if we take the advice and live like the Blesseds, we are spiritually safe?

I think so that such judgments are not human judgments, to be beatified someone has to have a verified miracle through their intercession. (To be canonized as a saint, two miracles are necessary).
I recall people speaking several decades about wanting someone canonized who I thought had a life in some ways objectionable. But no problem. God has to decide too–God has to approve of a person and have a definite miracle occur through their intercession for someone to be beatified. And any possible miracle is very rigorously verified.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.