Are Protestant churches also "The house of God"

I know the Catholic church is the house of God since it does house the holy Eucharist; but are protestant churches also the house of God?

any thoughts…

Not in that sense, obviously.

I suppose that in the loosest sense they could be houses of God in that they are dedicated to Christ, but my reasons for not attending n-C services is mostly fueled by this analogy.

A church that has no Eucharistic Real Presence is like a fancy restaurant that serves you an empty plate. :shrug:

Yes because as Jesus is present in his proclaimed word and non-Cs proclaim Jesus’ word. Also when two or more of them have gathered in his name. Now when no one is present in the Church does he linger there. I don’t know. God is of course present everywhere at al times, but beyond that I wouldn’t even hazard a guess.

yes

Bold, thats what I like about you, no sugar coating LOL.

I have recently had to say NO when asked to attend a n-C church service for a dedication for my cousins 1yo son.

I was asked if it was a sin, if the Catholic church forbids me. I said I don’t rightly know but, thats my policy.

Just seems like a waste of time to me, has as much appeal to me as spending a Sat in traffic school.

I have recently had to say NO when asked to attend a n-C church service for a dedication for my cousins 1yo son.

I was asked if it was a sin, if the Catholic church forbids me. I said I don’t rightly know but, thats my policy.

Just seems like a waste of time to me, has as much appeal to me as spending a Sat in traffic school.Who? Moi? :blushing:

The Catholic Church has the fullness of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is in other churches in various degrees depending on the religion but none has the fullness like the Catholic Church.

I think of other churches as places where people talk about God. The Catholic Church is where God resides - we have Our Lord in the BLessed Sacrament 24 hours a day. The images, statues and paintings are a reminder of whose House this is and our incredible love for the Holy Family. When you enter a Catholic Church, you FEEL the presense of Christ.

I always assume they are. I never talk loudly even when its as loud as a elementary school cafeteria.

While God is not limited to A “House” he did establish a Church.

It is not a healthy excercise to make a distinction in this case using the words you did.

In fact, it could lead to an off topic derailment.

God is everywhere.

People do worship him everywhere.

However, I worship in the Church He established, and will visit others if there are family/and or other obligations I must attend (never to substitute for Mass, as it DOES NOT fuflill your Sunday obligation (AKA:JOY):slight_smile:

I wasn’t trying to limit it to a certian house. I was invited to a friend’s church to watch a skit she was apart of. At the end of the service when the Rock band was playing they turned off the lights and gave everybody in the place glow sticks to wave around. To try and make it Fun I guess or just more appealing to young people. Which I thought was kinda rediculous, and after the service I commented on it and somebody jokingly said “this is the house of God, do you have a problem with the way we are running service?” Which is what got me asking myself if protestant Churches such as this should be considered “the house of God”, When it feels more like you are at a rock concert and there is no Real prescence in the communion, although I know when 3 or more are gathered Chirst is among them, but that is anywhere not just at church.

The scriptures say 2 or more.

But they dont mention the abominations you just added here.

I guess us Catholics are just too rigid in our worship to Allmighty God.

Fully human, fully divine.

Not our buddy friend only, but our GOD.

If glowsticks are how some worship Him, I guess I dont need to point out how deficient this is.
I say tell your friend to go to a Mass, let them decide.

In terms of ecunemical dialogue, Protestant churches are understood to be members of the body of Christ (if the believers are baptised validly in the name of the Trinity) but not with valid sacraments or holy orders. The Orthodox churches are regarded to have the proper respect to the sacraments and holy orders (since they also believe in real prescence) but still not in full communion with Rome, so not fully integrated into the CC itself.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.