Are Saints Angels? Where please?

That’s all, simple. Is everyone in heaven an angel? Where does it say that?

They are not. It’s not in there.

So how do Mary and the Saints pray for us? In the bible it talks about angels carrying prayers to God. I’m pretty sure Saints and Mary could do the same, this is why I thought they are angels. So, who can offer prayers to God? Angels and who else?

edit: So yeah I thought this was a simple question and would be answered fast. But I’m guessing that no one is online.

The saints pray to God just the same as we do. Just because you are in Heaven does not mean you are not able to pray. Angels may be couriers of the prayers, but someone has to actually pray.

I’m talking about Saints (big S) and Mary. Can they bring prayers to God just like the angels do? So when I pray to Mary she gives my prayer to God. When I pray to an angel they give my prayer to God.

I do not know if that is a loaded question, a legit question, or just someone trying to understand the RCC position on prayers to Saints.

Whichever, Saints are NOT Angels. Saints in the Kingdom have a higher position than the Angels, since Saints are the Bride of Christ. Saints will even judge the Angels.

1 Corinthians 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

You have answered your own question. Well put.

I’m talking to someone about prayer to those in heaven is accepted. But I also question myself. I said that prayer to Mary or a Saint is accepted because they are alive and well in heaven with God. But then I quote passages about ANGELS offering the prayers to God. I can’t find a verse where it says that SAINTS, or something similar, is offering prayers to God. So then is it like this?:

Man>Mary/Saint>Angel>God?

In the book of Revelation, it discusses angels bringing our prayers to God–but it also discusses “ancients” bring Him the prayers of the “saints” (lower case “s”). The “ancients” are what we call “Saints” (capital “S”) and the “saints” are us! :slight_smile:

Jesus also says we will be “like angels” in Heaven.

“For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.”

Matthew 22:30 KJV

This is the closest thing to it. If they are “as” angels in heaven, one might want to know “how much are they as angels of God in heaven?”

I suspect if we are like the angels in heaven, those Saints in heaven now will carry out similar responsibilities as the angels; otherwise, we are not much like them at all other than not being married.

“Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?”

1 Corinthians 6:2-3 KJV

If the we will judge the world and judge angels, I suspect we better know what’s happening on earth while we are in heaven; otherwise, I can’t see how our judgements will be accurate and in line with the Lord’s will.

I believe in the book of Revelation it talks about saints bringing prayers before God.

Revelation 5:8
And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and t**he twenty-four elders **fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and **with golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints; **

The saints can not become angels, because angels are separate created beings.
The saints become like the angels, that is being spirit and spending all their time worshiping God in heaven.
But after the last judgment, we will receive our glorified human bodies back, and the angels will always be spirit.

Where does it say that Saints become like angels thus can offer prayers to God too?

Or is it the fact that when we get to heaven we automatically become like angels because we are part of the living family of God?

Ok, the question has changed a bit. Now you ask if saints are ‘like’ Angels, and whether they can bring prayer to God. In the Reformed Church, we do not believe saints have this ability, however the RCC says they do.

Scripture will not confirm the RCC position of saints bringing prayers to God, their tradition affirms it.

Unfortunately you are dead wrong here.

Bible study notes: The Communion of Saints
MP3 Bible study covering it.

So you are saying that when we get to Heaven we cannot pray to God? Not even prayers of praise and thanksgiving. Now that makes no sense at all to me.

Your second paragraphs is also demonstrably incorrect. Please note the other posts referring the passages in Revelation.

Your Bible Study notes prove it? That would fall under my definition of ‘tradition.’ Thank You

rpp. if you read the thread, we were talking about saints in heaven bringing prayers from the living believers on Earth to God.

Someone’s Bible Study notes do not consist of Tradition.

Perhaps if you actually looked at them and read the associated passages…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.