Are the end times just around the corner? Are you prepared for them?

Hi All

This info may interest you about the end times. It’s very likely to be correct and we may well see the last day when Jesus returns this century according to a very holy saint and the prophecies of St Malachy. The prophecies were written in 1139 and have been followed for many centuries and are uncannily accurate. St Gemma seems to have had a revelation that the end would be this century also. These are private revelations and no one has to believe them as such, unlike public revelation which is the bible and unwritten teachings of the apostles held in the church. But one would be very unwise to not take them seriously. We may well see the end days in our own lives depending on how long we live. It’s very important we keep our eyes open and be prepared at all times. The only preparation needed is to be in grace and not sin of course.

It’s important to always be prepared for the second coming of Jesus, but it is very possible it’ll happen in our lifetime so it’s doubly important for us. I pray we all make it and can persevere if the antichrist comes while we’re still alive. We are all sinners though and must do our utmost to be prepared and never be presumptuous and think we’re guaranteed a place in heaven.

I hope you find this info below useful. As Jesus said , “ What I say to you I say to all. Keep watch, because you do not know when the son of man will return.”
Keep watch guys.

God bless

John

[Saint Gemma Galgani 1878-1903[[/COLOR]

]Born at Camigliano in Tuscany, Saint Gemma suffered from tuberculosis of the spine, and, though she was cured by a vision of the young Saint Gabriel Possenti, she could not obtain a certificate of health enabling her to enter a convent. From June 1899 onwards, Saint Gemma was greatly blessed to be chosen by Our Lord as His Victim Soul. The Stigmata in her hands and feet, would become visible at about 8 p.m. on a Thursday and remain until 3 p.m. on the Friday. She bore the Marks of Scourging on her back, which appeared as deep lacerations. In 1903 Saint Gemma delivered a Divine Message to the Vatican that this was to be the Final Century, as prophesied in the Book of Revelation.

For the complete explaination of the prophecies of St Malachy below go to the wikipedia article at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes[/font]

The Prophecy of the Popes, attributed to Saint Malachy, is a list of 112 short phrases in Latin. They purport to describe each of the Roman Catholicpopes (along with a few anti-popes), beginning with Pope Celestine II (elected in 1143) and concluding with a later added pope described in the prophecy as “Peter the Roman”, whose pontificate will end in the destruction of the city of Rome.

Hi, John, thank you for sharing your kind concerns. I know that some people do find prophesies inspiring and they make some people fearful.
Jesus did say though that no one knows the time except the Father. I think we should live the gospel and the Sacraments each day regardless, without anxiety. Thinking of the end is more keyed to fear, whereas we should live the gospels and the Sacraments anyway, and with love and trust, every day of our lives. I’ve heard of prophesies from time to time, but I find them distracting rather than helpful. They aren’t needed if you live your best as a Christian every day anyway which I’m sure many do.

I guess some benefit from the wakeup call, so it’s kind of you to share your thoughts:)

:confused:

So she prophesied that the 20th century would be the final century?

I’m not an expert on her writings but I believe this century is the one. We’ll know if Rome gets flattened and we see the antichrist for sure though. Look at the mass loss of faith in the west. Could be another sign. I’m not a prophet of doom but there is nothing contrary to what Jesus said in these revelations.

no I need to fold the laundry and clean the kitchen, better really scrub the floor to and get in the corners, and I better get the tax stuff ready. I don’t want the left behind folks to think I am a lazy slob. I should probably clean out the refrigerator too, and the patio should be powerwashed, and I better do something about the garage.

the so-called fictional prophesy of St Malachy has been thoroughly debunked many times on this site. dang it I saved that dead horse smiley now how to I insert it in the text

YES I AM READY!!! I have had enough of unanswered prayers my dreams not coming true and sick and tired of everyone’s greedy desire of money, I am so so so ready and Jesus’s return is LONG LONG overdue!!!

I don’t believe in the protestant view of the second coming. We all will be judged and that will be that. I am hoping I am morally ready. I try to be but I get so mad at God lately. I just think it is time for the lamb to lay with the lion and the ONLY way we will see peace is when he does return, Until then it will be business as usual. Baby murdering look at Obamination with his support of baby killings. This world is so long overdue for his return. I think it will be very very soon. God speed your return. Scoob/

and we see the antichrist for sure though

Yes he is sitting in the white house!!! all the highly Catholic states were deceived NY MA RI CT MD ALL voted for that baby killer.

We have the gospels and the Sacraments.
If we live them authentically every day we have no need of prophesies to scare us into living a gospel life. :slight_smile:

And Jesus said: Heaven and earth will pass away but my words will not pass away.
But as for that day or hour, nobody knows thait, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son; no on but the Father." Mark 13 verses 31-32

Yes we all know the gospel. I think most of us are just wondering if it could possibly be in our generation… No one knows that is for sure. But I sometimes wonder and hope. I ask people’s opinion and it is only an opinion. Everytime this subject comes up, someone always quotes that scripture. With that scripture in mind, we should never set dates, but nothing wrong with wondering. Scoob.

I really don’t think the end times are, but I am not one to confirm that. The end the age? That’s a different story. :wink:

I feel I am prepared for, really, anything. This world is a tough to live in with or without the idea of it coming to an end. I may as well make the best of it, and hopefully, in my journey, I can make others feel better about the Time they have on Earth.

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

“The best laid schemes of mice and men, often go awry.”

I stopped caring about what the Left Behind folks say a long time ago :yup:

Oh, and the smiley is this: :thumbsup:

To call Obama THE Antichrist is just plain dumb…

Yeah maybe so, but to vote for him is even dumber.

As mentioned previously, no one except God knows when. Am I prepared? Well, yes and no. I could do with stronger faith and I only hope I don’t have to roast too long in purgatory. :smiley:

Agreed!

Thank you all for your replies. There is nthing wrong with thinking and wondering about the end times. It is an old tradition to look to the sky and say, " come lord Jesus, come quickly." I sometimes look to see if a cross will appear which will happen immediately before the 2nd coming. We should carry on in our lives - agreed. The apostles told the first christians to get back to work and about their lives when they stopped everything to prepare for he end. The important thing for us is to - keep watch.
God bless all:thumbsup:

Didn’t anybody pay attention to the readings in mass today? “The time is short”. That is how we must live every day, for we know not the day or the hour. There is nothing wrong in remembering that tomorrow is not promised to any of us.

I am a little bit surprised how much some people seem to crave the end of the world.

because people are getting weary sick and tired of of the world the way it is going and becoming. We all want to see our lord. How many more babies must be slaughtered?? How many before Jesus comes. Look what the highly Catholic states voted for?? we have taken a huge backward step fighting abortion!!! FOCA is coming unless we wake up and deal with it instead of our heads being in the sand whistling past the grave yard as more laws are passed helping the slaughter of innocent God given gifts!!! The only worse sin is sinning against God himself which is happening all the time. Yes it is about time Jesus takes over the world and start cleaning house. I am for the military and we need to defend ourselves and the helpless. But the ONLY!!! way war will end is when Jesus comes. No anti war lovey dovey song or prostest or anything will end wars!! nothing but Jesus himself. How many more people must DIE!!! before he comes??? that is why most people are looking up for our lord. Scoob.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.