Are There 2 NT Gospels, 1 Jewish, 1 Gentile

I say NO Paul DIDN'T teach another gospel but the ONE gospel delivered by Christ to the Apostles. Paul even check his gospel with the apostolic fellowship to make sure.

[Gal2:1 Then fourteen years after I WENT UP AGAIN TO JERUSALEM with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also. 2 And I went up **BY REVELATION, and COMMUNICATED UNTO THEM that GOSPEL which I PREACH among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, LEST BY ANY MEANS I SHOULD run, or HAD RUN, IN VAIN.]

There is only ONE people of God not TWO

[Rms11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, WHAT SHALL THE RECEIVING OF THEM BE, but life from the dead? 16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and **IF THE ROOT BE HOLY, SO ARE THE BRANCHES. 17 And if some of the branches be broken off, AND THOU BEING A WILD OLIVE TREE, WERT GRAFTED IN among them, AND WITH THEM ; 18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, **THOU BEAREST NOT THE ROOT, but the root thee. 19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in. 20 Well; BECAUSE OF UNBELIEF THEY WERE BROKEN OFF, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21 For IF GOD SPARED NOT THE NATURAL BRANCES, take heed lest he also spare not thee. 22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

23 And they also, IF THEY ABIDE NOT STILL IN UNBELIEF, SHALL BE GRAFTED IN: for GOD IS ABLE TO GRAFT THEM IN AGAIN. 24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, AND WERT GRAFTED contrary to nature INTO A GOOD OLIVE TREE.: HOW MUCH MORE SHALL THESE, which be THE NATURAL BRANCES, BE GRAFTED INTO THEIR OWN **OLIVE TREE? 25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that **blindness in part is happened to Israel, UNTIL the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes. 29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. 30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.]

There is only ONE olive tree whose roots are holy and we have been grafted into that ONE OLIVE TREE. When God converts all Israel, they will be grafted back into that SAME, ONE, OLIVE TREE, with the ONE people of God. In the ONE BODY AND BRIDE OF CHRIST, THE CHURCH.

[Eph3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 THAT THE GENTILES SHOULD BE FELLOWHEIRS, and OF THE SAME BODY, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:]

[Eph2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens FROM the commonwealth of ISRAEL, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13 **But now in Christ Jesus **ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ**.

14 For HE IS OUR PEACE, WHO HATH MADE BOTH ONE, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for TO MAKE IN HIMSELF of twain ONE NEW MAN, so making peace; 16 And that he might RECONCILE BOTH unto God IN ONE BODY by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 For through him we BOTH have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but FELLOWCITIZENS with the saints, and OF THE HOUSEHOLD OF GOD; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom ALL THE BUILDING fitly framed together GROWETH UNTO AN HOLY TEMPLE IN THE LORD: 22 In whom ye also are BUILDED TOGETHER for AN HABITATION OF GOD through the Spirit.] I see NO evidence there are two people of God. When God converts all Israel they will be baptized into the ONE BODY OF CHRIST the Church.

[1Cor12:13 For by one Spirit are we **ALL BAPTIZED into ONE BODY, WHETHER we be JEWS or GENTILES , whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.] By the Spirit are ALL BAPTIZED into one BODY, the Church.

Gal3:26 For YE ARE ALL CHILDREN OF GOD BY FAITH IN CHRIST JESUS. 27 For AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST have put on Christ. 28 THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for YE ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye ABRAHAM'S SEED, and HEIRS according TO THE PROMISE

So, why are you*** YELLING ??***

JL: You have that right there is no doubt Peter is preaching to Jews. That WATER BAPTISM is necessary for remission of their sins. Peter said be baptized everyone of you IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, to distinguish Christ’s baptism, from all those OT Jewish baptisms, including John’s, which you have been telling us about. Those OT types which Jesus’ baptism fulfilled. Christ said to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, Mt28. Only Christ’s baptism washes away sin and gives the Holy Ghost etc…

JL: Of course the 12 were not FULLY ready to understand they were still being taught. They understood very little until Pentecost. What they could SOMEWHAT understand and proclaim was the kingdom. Because all Israelites were familiar and expected it, at anytime, it would have gotten their attention so they would listen.

[1Cor15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what **I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ DIED for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was BURIED, and that he ROSE again the third day according to the scriptures:] At Pentecost Peter preached the SAME GOSPEL as Paul preached in 1Cor15:1-4.

among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have CRUCIFIED and SLAIN: 24 Whom God hath RAISED UP, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.] D.B. and R same as 1Cor15:1-4.

[Acts2:36 Therefore **let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. 37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, WHAT SHALL WE DO? 38 Then PETER SAID unto them, REPENT, and BE BAPTIZED every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ FOR the REMISSION OF SINS, and ye shall RECEIVE the gift of the HOLY GHOST. 39 For THE PROMISE IS UNTO you, AND to YOUR CHILDREN, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call. 40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, SAVE YOURSELVES from this untoward generation. 41 Then they that gladly received his word were BAPTIZED: and the same day there were ADDED UNTO THEM about three thousand souls.] How did they save themselves from a evil generation BEING BAPTIZED?

42 And THEY CONTINUED stedfastly IN THE APOSTLES’ DOCTRINE and FELLOWSHIP, and in BREAKING OF BREAD (we call it Mass), and in PRAYERS. 43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. 44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. 46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord ADDED TO THE CHURCH daily SUCH AS SHOULD BE SAVED.]

QC please notice these JEWS, to whom Peter preached, were ADDED TO THE CHURCH, spiritual Israel the kingdom, sprouted seed of the kingdom on earth, in full bloom in heaven. That ONE Catholic (universal ALL NATIONS) Church the bride of Christ. The Church, on earth, God’s pilgrim people in the wilderness on the way to the promised land. Many have already crossed the Jordan and into NEW JERUSALM. The Church in glory.

[Eph5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved **THE CHURCH, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might SANCTIFY and CLEANSE it WITH THE WASHING OF WATER BY THE WORD,] How does scripture tell us we are sanctified and cleansed by washing?

For the hard of hearing

Maybe he just thinks capital letters are prettier >_>

And who exactly are you yelling at? Certainly the Church has never taught that there are two Gospels, nor have I ever seen anyone on these forums suggest that there are two … so why the need to beat us over the head with it? We all agree with you buddy.

I am so ashamed and humiliated with the unkind remarks of my fellow Catholics. What a good example. I started this line because of a person who believes Paul's gospel is not the same as the other apostles. He derails other lines. If you don't like my style then please leave the line. Don't attack a fellow Catholic trying to defend the gopsel.

Hargus: You make my point, thanks! When Paul went up to Jerusalem he "communicated to the 12" the "gospel which "I preach..." Gal. 2:2. He goes on to say that they "added nothing to me..." Gal. 2:6. "BUT ON THE CONTRARY..." Three times Paul calls the gospel he preached "MY GOSPEL" Romans 2:16; 16:25 and 2 Tim. 2:8. He uses various personal pronouns several times to announce "my gospel." As I told you earlier, Paul preached the gospel of the UNcircumcision while James, Peter, John et al preached the gospel of the circumcision Gal. 2:9. Those 3, speaking for the 12, agree to continue their ministry to the Jews while Paul would engage the Gentiles. Paul is our apostle - Romans 11:13.

It is obvious the 12 did not know the gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 when our Lord sent them out to PREACH THE GOSPEL...." in Luke 9:6. They were preaching the gospel of the kingdom; the same gospel John and the Baptist, our Lord Jesus Christ preached during His earthly ministry.
Peter found some things "hard to understand" in Paul's epistles - 2 Peter 3:16.
QC

:whistle:

[quote="jlhargus, post:7, topic:297447"]
I am so ashamed and humiliated with the unkind remarks of my fellow Catholics. What a good example. I started this line because of a person who believes Paul's gospel is not the same as the other apostles. He derails other lines. If you don't like my style then please leave the line. Don't attack a fellow Catholic trying to defend the gopsel.

[/quote]

OK-So, not sure why you would feel the need to be ashamed and humiliated for one asking a question, but I really did not realize this was a personal discussion between you and someone else-was not clearly marked as being SPLIT from some other thread-I will stay out of it.

Forgive me, but I’m not sure I am following this dialogue correctly. I jumped here because I understand the need for a new ‘thread’, but don’t agree that there are two gospels.
Rom 1:16 says, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek”. Paul wrote this. Same gospel. Only gospel.
Gail

Anyone who claims the Gospel of Christ is different than the Gospel of Paul has never read one or the other (and most likely neither). Paul’s tends to be the softer, gentler message with rare instances of hellfire. Christ’s gospel tends to be the opposite, with condemnations of the actions of the self-righteous and commands that people follow him or suffer for it, with the kind and gentle reassurances few and far between.

Quite contrary to what the “educated” liberals like to say of it.

[quote="Gailgirl, post:11, topic:297447"]
Forgive me, but I'm not sure I am following this dialogue correctly. I jumped here because I understand the need for a new 'thread', but don't agree that there are two gospels.

Rom 1:16 says, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek". Paul wrote this. Same gospel. Only gospel.

Gail

[/quote]

Quite right, Gail. Paul proclaimed the "gospel of the grace of God" [Acts 20:24]. Gail, one question: What was the gospel the 12 were preaching in Luke 9:6? It wasn't the gospel that Paul preached in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 because they didn't know that gospel [Luke 18:31-34; Acts 20:9]. Take a look at those verses and explain what the 12 were preaching in Luke 9:6.
Thanks,
QC

[quote="Nine_Two, post:12, topic:297447"]
Anyone who claims the Gospel of Christ is different than the Gospel of Paul has never read one or the other (and most likely neither). Paul's tends to be the softer, gentler message with rare instances of hellfire. Christ's gospel tends to be the opposite, with condemnations of the actions of the self-righteous and commands that people follow him or suffer for it, with the kind and gentle reassurances few and far between.

Quite contrary to what the "educated" liberals like to say of it.

[/quote]

On the contrary, I have studied both! If you put the gospel of the kingdom on one side of the page and the gospel of the grace of God on the other side you will find much contrast. One, the gospel of the kingdom proclaimed the "kingdom at hand" and is accompanied with many miracles, wonders and signs for the "sign people" [Israel]. The gospel of the kingdom pertains to Israel and the earth, while the gospel of the grace of God pertains to the Body of Christ and our heavenly calling.
QC

Make that John 20:9 not Acts 20:9. My bad.
QC

QC...Regarding the 2 gospel question, I'll try my best to decipher Luke 9:6: The disciples did what they were assigned to do by Jesus; they proclaimed the Kingdom of God. This is exactly what Jesus did, and they responded and complied. This is the gospel. The Kingdom of God. God is King and He has a kingdom, and people can enter it by repentance and faith. God will forgive your sins if you come to Him based upon the provision He will make through the death and resurrection of His son.
That's the gospel that they preached in verse 6.
Even though Christ was not yet crucified and risen, the basis for salvation, and the future resurrection of believers, is still based on this event, even though future at this time.
Gail

[quote="Gailgirl, post:16, topic:297447"]
QC...Regarding the 2 gospel question, I'll try my best to decipher Luke 9:6: The disciples did what they were assigned to do by Jesus; they proclaimed the Kingdom of God. This is exactly what Jesus did, and they responded and complied. This is the gospel. The Kingdom of God. God is King and He has a kingdom, and people can enter it by repentance and faith. God will forgive your sins if you come to Him based upon the provision He will make through the death and resurrection of His son.
That's the gospel that they preached in verse 6.
Even though Christ was not yet crucified and risen, the basis for salvation, and the future resurrection of believers, is still based on this event, even though future at this time.
Gail

[/quote]

Right on, Gail. The gospel of the kingdom, as preached by John the Baptist, our Lord Jesus Christ, and the 12 apostles, proclaimed the "kingdom at hand." To authenicate this gospel miracles, wonders and signs followed. In this dispensation of the grace of God we "walk by faith and not by sight" [2 Cor. 5:7]. Obviously, the 12 could not have been proclaiming what they didn't know. The did not know about our Lord's D.B.& R. at that time, but they were preaching the gospel [of the kingdom]. When we come to Pentecost we find Peter preaching the cross, how? As bad news. He accused the Jews of murdering their Messiah and threatened them with the fact that death couldn't hold Him. Later, Peter presents the Lord in resurrection to be a "prince and a Savior to Israel [Acts 5:30-31]. Peter preaches repentance and water baptism for the "remission of sins" because Israel is to become a kingdom of priests in this kingdom and baptism was the necessary cleansing for this office [Ex. 29:4; 40:12, etc.]. Peter addresses Israel in all of his early Acts speeches. He plainly tells us that he is speaking to the "sons of the prophets and covenant" in Acts 3:24,25,26. And then he offers the return of Messiah to establish the kingdom [Acts 3:19-21].
Hope this helps.
QC

[quote="QuickCat, post:28, topic:296008"]
Hargus: You make my point, thanks! When Paul went up to Jerusalem he "communicated to the 12" the "gospel which "I preach..." Gal. 2:2. He goes on to say that they "added nothing to me..." Gal. 2:6. "BUT ON THE CONTRARY..." Three times Paul calls the gospel he preached "MY GOSPEL" Romans 2:16; 16:25 and 2 Tim. 2:8. He uses various personal pronouns several times to announce "my gospel."

As I told you earlier, Paul preached the gospel of the UNcircumcision while James, Peter, John et al preached the gospel of the circumcision Gal. 2:9. Those 3, speaking for the 12, agree to continue their ministry to the Jews while Paul would engage the Gentiles. Paul is our apostle - Romans 11:13. It is obvious the 12 did not know the gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 when our Lord sent them out to PREACH THE GOSPEL...."

[/quote]

JL: [Gal2:1 Then fourteen years after I WENT UP AGAIN TO JERUSALEM with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also. 2 And I went up BY REVELATION, and COMMUNICATED UNTO THEM that GOSPEL which I PREACH among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, LEST BY ANY MEANS I SHOULD run, or HAD RUN, IN VAIN.]

So Paul went to verify a totally DIFFERENT and UNKNOWN gospel with the apostles who had no knowledge of that, different, gospel. How could they know whether Paul was running in vain or not? How could they tell Paul what was right or what was wrong with a gospel unknown to them? That makes as much sense as a mechanic going to a chef, who has no knowledge of mechanics, to verify how to repair a transmission. When you want to VERIFY something you go to people who KNOW the subject. Not those who have NO knowledge of it.

THEY added nothing to me, strongly suggests, they NOT ONLY, had the authority to do so, but Paul’s gospel was in perfect agreement with the 12’s gospel. Paul as well as Peter preached and baptized BOTH the uncircumcision as well as circumcision.

If you read all of Gal2 you would see Paul confronting Peter for withdrawing from Gentile believers. Why would Paul confront Peter FOR WITHDRAWING from the Gentiles? With your tradition Paul should have commended Peter. The Jews and Gentiles should have been separate all along if there were two DIFFERENT gospels one for the Jews another for the Gentiles.

Why couldn’t Paul assert authority over the circumcision and make them separate from the uncircumcision in Antioch, Acts15? Why didn’t Paul tell those Jews to get THEIR GOSPEL from Jerusalem because he was teaching the Gentiles a DIFFERENT gospel? Why go to Jerusalem to settle the matter?

[Act15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and **said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the GENTILES BY MY MOUTH should HEAR the word of THE GOSPEL, and believe. 8 And GOD, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 9 And PUT NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN US AND THEM, purifying their hearts by faith. 10-21. 22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the WHOLE CHURCH, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren: 23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.]

There is ONE gospel, ONE Church, whether Jew or Gentile. You will need to provide scriptural evidence Paul’s gospel was DIFFERENT. Different than Peter’s gospel or John’s gospel or Mathew’s gospel, or James or Jude. There are different styles and emphasis but ONE GOSPEL, ONE KINGDOM.

[1Cor15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he **was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5 And that HE WAS SEEN OF CEPHAS, THEN OF THE TWELVE: 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred BRETHREN at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8 And LAST of all HE WAS SEEN OF ME also, as of ONE BORN OUT OF DUE TIME. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because ** I persecuted the CHURCH of God*. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but * I laboured more abundantly than THEY all*: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11 Therefore **WHETHER it were I OR THEY, SO WE PREACH*, and so ye believed.]

Your problem you just pick verses that fit your tradition of men and ignore the rest of scripture. When you read beyond 1Cor15:1-4 you get the rest of the story. Continue thru verse 11. Paul clearly tells us in verse 11 Whether I (Paul) or They (Apostles) so WE (Paul and the Apostles) Preach. Before Paul believed in Christ he was persecuting the Church. According to your gospel, not Paul’s, the apostles knew nothing of the Church, the body of Christ.

JL: But on the contrary how could they ADD to something of which they had no knowledge, as you claim? They ADDED NOTHING because Paul was preaching the SAME gospel. Otherwise it would be ridiculous to COMMUNICATE TO THEM the GOSPEL which Paul PREACHED. If not the same gospel, how could they assure Paul, by no means, he had not, nor was, running in vain?

Gal3:26 For YE ARE ALL CHILDREN OF GOD BY FAITH IN CHRIST JESUS. 27 For AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST have put on Christ. 28 THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for YE ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS. 29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye ABRAHAM’S SEED, and HEIRS according TO THE PROMISE.

JL: I have no problem with Paul saying MY GOSPEL. What Paul preached was Paul’s gospel or the gospel according to Paul. We all know, well except you, Paul’s gospel and Peter’s gospel is Christ’s only Gospel. The substance was the same for all the Apostles. Each preached their gospel in their words and style. The style and emphasis vary with each person.

[Rms11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and IF THE ROOT BE HOLY, SO ARE THE BRANCHES. 17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and **thou being a WILD OLIVE TREE, WERT GRAFTED IN AMONG THEM, AND WITH THEM PARTAKEST OF THE ROOT and fatness OF THE OLIVE TREE;]

[Eph2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye **being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the COMMONWEALTH OF ISRAEL, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13 But NOW in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, WHO hath MADE BOTH ONE, and hath BROKEN DOWN the middle WALL of partition BETWEEN US; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for TO MAKE in himself of twain ONE new man, so making peace; 16 And that he might reconcile BOTH unto God IN ONE BODY by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:]

In Chirst Gentiles are no longer aliens from the commonwealth of ISRAEL. Both those of the Uncircumcision and of the Circumcision in the flesh, by being IN CHRIST, are reconciled into ONE BODY. The Church the body of Christ, spiritual Israel.

[1Cor15:46 but that which is spiritual [is] not first, but that which [was] natural, afterwards that which [is] spiritual.] YLT

JL: There is no such thing as two gospels one for the UNcircumcision of the flesh and a gospel for the Circumcision of the flesh. There is only ONE GOSPEL delivered by Christ and yes it is of a Circumcision. The Circumcision made without hands. The Circumcision of the HEART, baptism, required for all whether Jew or Gentile.

[1Cor15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that **Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:] This is Paul’s gospel in a nut shell. It is also Peter’s gospel, John’s gospel, Jude’s gospel, Matthew’s gospel, Mark’s gospel, Luke’s gospel, in a nut shell. You should have continued reading thru 1Cor15:11 Therefore WHETHER it were I OR THEY, SO WE PREACH, and so ye believed.] Whether Paul or the Apostles so they all preached. Christ died, was buried and rose the third day.

[Rms11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. 4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. 5 **Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to THE ELECTION OF GRACE.]

[1Cor9:20 And **unto the Jews I became as a Jew, THAT I MIGHT GAIN THE JEWS; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. 22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things TO ALL MEN, that I might by all means save some. 23 And this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.]

[Acts17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, **where was a synagogue of the Jews: 2 And Paul, as his MANNER was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,] Paul’s custom or manner was first to go to the synagogue when he went into a new mission field. See also Acts13:14, 14:1, 17:10, 17:17, 18:4, 19:8. Paul preached, the gospel, to Jews and Gentiles as did the other apostles. There was no such thing as an EXCLUSIVE mission to Jew or Gentile. It could be said there was a GENERAL mission toward one over the other, but the same gospel for both. They all preached to Jew and Gentile the COMMON faith salvation.

[Acts10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, **Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35 But in every NATION he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, IS ACCEPTED with him.] Notice EVERY NATION, that would be Gentiles. This was said at the house of Cornelius the first Gentile, UNCIRCUMCISED, to be baptized, thereby Cornelius PUT ON CHRIST, Gal3:27. He was added to the Church, the body of Christ. Circumcised of the heart, by water and the Spirit in baptism. The circumcision made without hands.

[1Cor12: 12 For as the BODY is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one BODY, being many, are one BODY: so also is Christ. 13 For **by one Spirit are we ALL baptized into ONE BODY, WHETHER we be JEWS or GENTILES, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.]

[Gal3:26 For **YE ARE ALL CHILDREN OF GOD BY FAITH IN CHRIST JESUS. 27 For AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED into Christ HAVE PUT ON CHRIST 28 THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for YE ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS. 29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye ABRAHAM’S SEED, and HEIRS according TO THE PROMISE.]

[Mt21:43 **THEREFORE SAY I unto you, THE KINGDOM OF GOD SHALL BE TAKEN FROM YOU,and GIVEN TO A NATION BRINGING FORTH THE FRUITS THEREOF. 44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. 45 And when THE CHIEF PRIESTS AND PHARISEES had heard his parables, they PERCEIVED that HE SPAKE OF THEM.]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.