Are there any decent guys left?

Or have they become an endangered species? Does anyone know?

[quote="ShanaA1984, post:1, topic:247438"]
Or have they become an endangered species? Does anyone know?

[/quote]

Define "decent." :p

They're out there, and you only need one.

Well someone who loves God, applies his faith to his daily life, able to follow the Church, treats women with respect, and just an all around nice guy without being a doormat. At least that is how i define decent.:D

There are of course. The problem is finding a decent guy who is also a practicing Catholic and not a cafeteria one. The chances of finding one at the bar seems pretty slim. My brother is having the same problem . He could find a decent girl but its hard to find a girl who is truly Catholic.

Oh yes, we're out there, and we're plentiful. Here is how to find one in three easy steps.

1. Don't assume all men are scum/out for sex/pigs/evil/bad/whatever.
  2. Be happy, pleasant, fun, and nice. Decent people are attracted to those qualities.
  3. Pray.

This comes from a decent guy (whose also easy on the eyes), but alas, I am in a relationship with a truly amazing young lady.

Good luck.

:thumbsup:

the real question is are there any decent girls left

[quote="CountrySteve, post:7, topic:247438"]

[/quote]

Plenty.

I mean NO offense to anyone when saying this:

I am convinced that it's more the problem with the seekers. Maybe standards are to high, maybe your not going out enough, maybe your just generally unpleasent, mean and judgemental, maybe your looking in the wrong places, etc.

Again, it's NOTHING personal. I'm sure everyone here is a wonderful person.

[quote="CountrySteve, post:7, topic:247438"]

[/quote]

hahaha:rotfl:

I think both sexes say the same thing. There are guys out their who LOVE the lord but you just got to find them! Get involved and dont be afraid to talk! Now as a seminarian I see more beautiful girls who love the Lord and are looking for good men. I sometimes say to myself, "Why didn't I see these girls 2 years ago!" :D But God has his reasons and i am happy where God is leading me. Pray and keep your eyes open!

[quote="Rascalking, post:8, topic:247438"]
Plenty.

I am convinced that it's more the problem with the seekers. Maybe standards are to high, maybe your not going out enough, maybe your just generally unpleasent, mean and judgemental, maybe your looking in the wrong places, etc.

[/quote]

my problem is I'm a teenager and you know how most teens are so i just gave up for now

I think that there are just as many decent girls out there as there are decent men.

[quote="CountrySteve, post:10, topic:247438"]
my problem is I'm a teenager and you know how most teens are so i just gave up for now

[/quote]

Yes, your way to young to even think about seriously dating anyone. Be young, have fun, go out and do stuff!

[quote="CountrySteve, post:10, topic:247438"]

[/quote]

I am 18 years old and I see a lot of faithful teenage girls! You just got to be faithful and keep your eyes open. I remember reading somewhere that Holiness is attractive, so keep loving the Lord and im sure you will attract a nice girl.

There are plenty of good Catholic singles out there. You just have to keep in mind that not everyone is a perfect Catholic, but that does not mean they are not a good Catholic.

I would say that you need to date somoene for a while and find out about their version of the Catholic faith. If you have major issues with their Faith perhaps you ask them about it, find out if they simple were poorly taught or misunderstand. If that is the case you may be able to show them the way or perhaps if it's not a deal breaker you can live with it.:thumbsup:

The thing with dating is you are doomed to fail if you make a huge list of quaifications that someone MUST meet.

I think minimum:

Catholic in good standing (goes to mass, has had recent confession and eucharist..ect)
Nice Person
Attractive to you (a mix of physical and personality traits)
Life goals are compatible (careers, children...ect)

Most of this sort of stuff can be found out in a date or two and you can go into more detail as things arise.

[quote="Rascalking, post:8, topic:247438"]
Plenty.

[/quote]

As a generally unpleasant, mean and judgmental single person, I take offense to this.

[quote="Binary, post:15, topic:247438"]
As a generally unpleasant, mean and judgmental single person, I take offense to this.

[/quote]

I offer classes on how to turn yourself into a likable person. Send me 50 bucks and I'll let you know all my secrets.

[quote="Binary, post:15, topic:247438"]

[/quote]

HA!

:thumbsup:

[quote="mcrow, post:14, topic:247438"]

Catholic in good standing (goes to mass, has had recent confession and eucharist..ect)

[/quote]

This seems to be very difficult to find these days, at least in my neck of the woods. I met one once through a friend of mine. NIce guy, and we had a lot in common, but there was a problem my friend neglected to tell me...at the time he was in the Seminary, and now he's priest. :blush:

I once heard from an FSSP priest a good place to find a good strong Catholic guy was at church during confessions, as it was a good sign he cares about his state in life and is working on becoming more holy. The thought of the possible, "so...how did you two meet?" question makes me smile, but it does makes sense.

[quote="Rascalking, post:16, topic:247438"]
I offer classes on how to turn yourself into a likable person. Send me 50 bucks and I'll let you know all my secrets.

[/quote]

I'm gonna stick with my own method for awhile: daily mass, excercise, and trying to learn spanish.

The way to find a decent guy is not to complain about there being no decent guys.

Oooops. Thats what I did. :P so the best guy i know is now quite taken....and im not sharing. :p

But I was deeply involved with church, writing group, trail cleanup outings, and basically enjoying my life and frustrated by those who were "loosers" and the most overt fliters.

You cannot be loved until you love yourself. Boyfriends like when youre confident and happy. They want a girl who is a friend, not a needy princess. And dating is the first door to marriage. If you go that path with someone its never about you. Its about caring for the other.

Not to say you cant feel like a princess in a fairytale being rescued from the ordinary by your chivilorous blue-eyed knight...thats the best part.

(that and trying to convince him velveeta is not ment for human consumption

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.