Are there any good Filipino songs out there?

Most of the music I'va been listening to consist of American, Japanese, and a bit of French (Les Choristes.

I'm looking to listen to songs sung in the Filipino language, though I don't know where to start.

Any suggestions? (all genres, except Heavy Metal or the like) :)

there's a singer here whom i like. she sings bossa nova. Her name is Sitti. Why don't try Regine Velasquez, Ogie Alcasid, Sarah Geronimo and Gary Valenciano. I'm not really a great fan of pop music, except for Michael Jackson but I hope this would help.

Depends on what genre you like… hmmm… Since you listen to J-pop I guess you don’t mind listening to songs sung on the native tongue so here’s what I recommend and a sample song from youtube.

For contemporary music, some of the music I like are:

Up Dharma Down:
Sana: youtube.com/watch?v=10g6MQdX0Fo
We Give In Sometimes: youtube.com/watch?v=M06-KdTGAfs

Peryodiko
Bakasyon:: youtube.com/watch?v=i6bjjE_jelM

Sugarfree**:
Feels Like: youtube.com/watch?v=lDSYggk0EuU
Hay Buhay: youtube.com/watch?v=LtgR3l4wNjc

Ciudad
Friday Noon:youtube.com/watch?v=pSbBL3lc_hI

Urbandub
Guillotine: youtube.com/watch?v=A_6EzL6dVy

There are also some good Filipino Catholic Music (spiritual songs for mass and also for personal use). These are some of the artists I like.

Hangad:

Pananatili: youtube.com/watch?v=TqaC3SeUS0Q
Simeone’s Canticle: youtube.com/watch?v=A2ufP1DQsO8
Inay: youtube.com/watch?v=MLkCh4qwVWY

Bukas Palad:
God of Silence: youtube.com/watch?v=KigSUG5-kUg

Himig Heswita:
How Lovely Is Your Dwelling Place: youtube.com/watch?v=zHOMMisZolE
Ave Maria: youtube.com/watch?v=dowqLnTdVOI

I can provide, or attempt to provide, filipino to english translations if you like any song. :slight_smile:

I don't know where you are but if you have iTunes you can type OPM into the search, in my area and get sampler albums

Thanks everyone!

I'll check out them all out as soon as I can. :cool:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.