Are there any "obsolete" sins that nobody really commits anymore?

I highly doubt there are, as there is nothing new under the sun. I don’t mean things the Church has changed (if that were possible), but ones that do not tempt a normal person today.

The only plausible one I can think of is theological paganism. You’d be hard-pressed to find someone who truly worships and believes in Thor, Baal, Zeus, or Osiris. But I’d be stupid to think that there isn’t idolatry in an evolved form today. Now, “the gods” are ideologies, sports teams, celebrities, possessions, popularity, etc.

Can you think of any?

Listening to ABBA on an 8 track tape?

Are you kidding? Dancing Queen and Waterloo are awesome songs!

Yes,that will surely be one, remember the Seekers ? My sister still listens to them ,

Well,which sins are Obsolete. ? I think it would be hard to find any,.
There are still sheep herders ,bush people,trawler men,cave dwellers,
happerly married people,teenagers,nah, I Don’t think anything is Obsolete ,
A good question though,

Does that mean that I shouldn’t love the movie Mamma Mia?

Of course you shouldn’t. The singing is simply awful!

Did anyone even listed to Pierce Brosnan sing before casting him? Meryl wasn’t much better, but at least brought some character to her part.

(And then there’s the plot…a bit sleazy really.)

I have a awful singing voice so it goes well when I’m singing the songs during the movie. Lololol.

Same goes for my wife. :rolleyes:

I will confess to liking The Seekers myself. The rest of you will have to salve your own consciences regarding poor musical taste. :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re derailing my thread! :crying:

I dig “Fernando”:whistle:

Deuteronomy 22:8 -

“When you build a new house, make a parapet around your roof…”

I cannot imagine that worshiping Osiris would have counted as sin if you lived in Egypt 4000 years ago.

But classifying people as witches and burning them alive and what went on during the inquisition, yes, that would have counted as a sin.

I once ate food left for idols. :shrug:

Forgot about that one. Yep!

I hope you didn’t pay full price?!?!? :slight_smile:

Oh, if you only knew the stuff I listen to! You’d probably make me say a rosary. :smiley:

Yes, :o sorry about that, I guess the consensus would be that no sins are Obsolete,

For as long as humanity exists , the sin catagory won’t change much if at all

Downloading copyrighted Commodore vic20 programs illegally.

Simony?:shrug:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.