Are there any prayers for the Roman Catholic Church Herself?

Hi,

I’m looking for prayers specifically FOR the Catholic Church. Do you know of any? I’m searching online and all I get are the usual basic prayers but not specifically oriented towards asking God’s assistance in the work of the whole Church to the world.

Thank you,
Joshua

The best one we pray often are For the Intentions of Pope Benedict/Holy Father: The Lord’s Prayer and the Hail Mary. Bless You.
I pray for Novitiates and Seminarians, Priests and Sisters, Several Orders I know, and all Clergy.

How do I find out what his intentions are?

The Mass. :slight_smile:

I believe this is what you are asking for. Here are 3 prayers specifically for the Church:

I pray for the Mystical body of Christ, the Church, whose visible head is the Pope. I pray for his health and his intentions, I pray for all the needs of the Church, for an increase in vocations to the religious life and to the Priesthood, for the faithfulness and the holiness of Priests. Amen.

We pray You, O almighty and eternal God! Who through Jesus Christ hast revealed Your glory to all nations, to preserve the works of Your mercy, that Your Church, being spread through the whole world, may continue with unchanging faith in the confession of your name. Amen.

Heavenly Father, look upon our community of faith which is the Church of your Son, Jesus Christ. Help us to witness to his love by loving all our fellow creatures without exception. Under the leadership of the Holy Father and the Bishops keep us faithful to Christ’s mission of calling all men and women to your service so that there may be “one fold and one shepherd.” We ask this through Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Praying for the success of your request.

The Holy Father’s monthly prayer intentions can be found here:

ewtn.com/faith/popeprayer.htm

Best prayer to Mary, Mother of the Church

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and blessed is
the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Pray for all sinners in the Church today.

That is Only   for God  and the Holy  Father to Know.  Very Obviously,  The  Church  he is Vicar  of,  and those  troubled  who left it   are Key  Intentions.,.  That's  why It is Ideal Prayer!   For the  Vicar's Intentions:  Us   and The Church.  :signofcross::gopray2::crossrc:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.