Are there any traditionalists who are purely traditional? As in no N.O.?

Are there any traditionalists who are purely traditional? As in no N.O.?

Please explain what you mean. I do not understand what you mean by “purely traditional.” :slight_smile:

There are societies and institutes within the Church and in good standing, such as the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter, who exclusively offer the TLM as their special apostolate in the Church. You can find listings of approved Latin Masses at the following websites:

North America
Coalition Ecclesia Dei

United Kingdom
Latin Mass Society of England and Wales

Worldwide
Listings by Carl Schwalm

Yes, and the links above will guide you toward some. However, those who reject the novus ordo missae as invalid have put themselves outside of communion with the Church and are no longer truly Catholic (i.e. they have fallen in to heresy). I love the vetus ordo myself, but one must be wary of putting oneself over the Church.

If they simply exclusively attend traditional Masses, they are hardly “in heresy” or “outside of communion with the Church.” No need for hyperbole or fear tactics here. Those with weekly access to a TLM and weekly access to hundreds of N.O.'s, but who choose only the former, are not any less “in communion with the Church” than those who choose only the latter. Nor has the Church commanded Catholics to praise the N.O. at every opportunity (at risk of “heresy”) and marginalize the TLM at every opportunity, lest one be “not in communion.”

:shrug:

Those who exclusively offer the traditional Mass are not heretical. But they must recognize that the ordinary form is valid and a Sacrifice equally takes place whether it is the N.O. Mass or the extraordinary form.

There are those radical traditionalists that think that the Novus Ordo Mass is so blasphemous, it is invalid. This, of course, is heresy.

PietroPaolo did not say, “exclusively attend” but said “reject as invalid.”

There is no hyperbole here nor are there fear tactics, only a need to slow down and read carefully.

-Tim-

Why do I feel the need to “walk on egg shells” every time a subject like this comes up? :shrug:

The poster was talking about those who reject the ordinary form as invalid. You can’t do that without concomitantly rejecting the authority of the Church. I suspect that is all he meant.

Because you probably do have to. These sort of threads are seemingly designed for one purpose only.

Confrontation and more confrontation. Nothing more and nothing less.

Please stop labeling Catholics. Some might think there are thousands or millions of “radical traditionalists” out there. And even if there are, it’s their problem. And if I met someone who said the N.O. was invalid, I would first ask him, "Why do you think that?’ If I got a reply, I would take it from there. If not, it’s not my fault since I can’t force people to talk to me.

Peace,
Ed

That is usually the case. Labeling is only the start of conflict. No one is walking around with T-Shirts that read: “I reject the N.O.” Or “I’m a Pure Traditionalist and anyone who disagrees with whatever that means is wrong.”

Peace,
Ed

Because this is a well moderated forum and neither form of the Mass is allowed to be disrespected.

[QdiUOTE=edwest2;11290102]That is usually the case. Labeling is only the start of conflict. No one is walking around with T-Shirts that read: “I reject the N.O.” Or “I’m a Pure Traditionalist and anyone who disagrees with whatever that means is wrong.”

Peace,
Ed

:thumbsup::thumbsup:DITTO!!

From what I read on other forums, there seem to be some who doubt the validity of any Mass other than one in English.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.